Microwave Egg Breakfast Ideas

Options
k4evans1
k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
I usually eat breakfast when I get to work and typically will have a bagel thin with laughing cow cheese, waffle with cottage cheese and fruit, or oatmeal. I would like more ideas and am wondering about microwave egg scrambles. I have never made eggs in the microwave before and it seems weird... any ideas for some killer egg dishes to whip up really quickly using a microwave to cook them?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    smart ones has an egg sandwich (frozen) that is actually pretty darn good! you could try that and you wouldn't have to make anything fancy. goodluck!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I used to do this all the time!

I would spray a mug with cooking spray, add in the egg or two, along with a laughing cow cheese of your choice. I LOVE the garlic and herb flavor.

Pop it in the microwave for 30-60, stir, back in for 30-60...I just kept going until it was done. LOVED this breakfast!
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I didn't think you could make eggs in the microwave, either, but it actually works! They expand while cooking, so make sure you cook them in a deep bowl. I also didn't think you could re-heat eggs, but you can. I quite often make some scrambled eggs while I'm making dinner, put them in a container, and pack them for breakfast the next morning. They only take about 45 sec's to warm up and they taste surprisingly fresh.
  • EricaSno28
    EricaSno28 Posts: 20
    Options
    so easy!! I do this at least 3x's a week. All you do is scramble the egg like you would normally do for the stove, i usally put a little milk in mine, it keeps if fluffy and for 2 eggs that are done in 1 minute! Very good!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Hey there!

Right now I use the egg beaters, about 1/3 cup, add in a sprinkle of cheese and sometimes tomato and nuke it for about a minute. The eggs are all fluffy and taste delicious! I normally toast an Arnold Sandwich Thin and eat it on there like a sandwich. You might also want to check out hungry-girl.com - she has what she calls - Egg Mug recipes... they are all good too!

Next week I'm going to try nuking the eggs and then scrambling with a fork and putting in a whole wheat tortilla with some salsa and greek yogurt - my own healthy breakfast burrito!
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hungry Girl has tons of egg bake recipies that are awesome. I've made some ahead of time and then popped them in the microwave after my workout -- it's done when I'm out of the shower.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have this little egg cooker thing for the microwave. Pop in an egg, micro for 1 min and you have the perfect round egg patty for a sandwich! Perfect on a whole wheat English muffin.. slice of cheese if you like, some sliced peppers... whatever you want! Easy peasy!

They taste fine, I still prefer them cooked on the stove, but even my kids get into using the egg cooker thing! I got it at Harry & David, under $5!!!!
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Is the egg still full of nutrition after being cooked in the microwave? I guess since I used to do LA Weight Loss, they said don't eat anything but fresh and/or frozen. They said that if you cook things in the microwave, all the nutrients will be lost and it will be almost useless eating them.
  • hollykmckinney
    Options
    I spray a bowl with cooking spray, pour in liquid egg whites and microwave for one minute. I put that on whole wheat english muffin with a 2% cheese of some sort. Some times I add turkey bacon, or turkey sausage patty. So easy and yummy and I can eat it on the car ride in.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I used to do this all the time!

I would spray a mug with cooking spray, add in the egg or two, along with a laughing cow cheese of your choice. I LOVE the garlic and herb flavor.

Pop it in the microwave for 30-60, stir, back in for 30-60...I just kept going until it was done. LOVED this breakfast!

that sounds delicious!
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    microwave egg are easy and work really well. Use a deep glass dish sprayed with cooking spray. Beat up a couple of eggs and add anything you want - ham, cheese, turkey, brocolli, onions, mushrooms, etc. Cook for about 1-1.5 minutes (depends on the microwave) and you've got yourself a healthy breakfast!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    those that have done this - are the eggs wet???
    when i eat scrambled eggs they have to be scrambled DRY!!!!!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast when I get to work and typically will have a bagel thin with laughing cow cheese, waffle with cottage cheese and fruit, or oatmeal. I would like more ideas and am wondering about microwave egg scrambles. I have never made eggs in the microwave before and it seems weird... any ideas for some killer egg dishes to whip up really quickly using a microwave to cook them?

Thanks!!!

You can make them in the microwave easily. In fact, many, many restaurants do that and you don't even know it. I used to run a bagel shop and all of our breakfast egg sandwiches were made that way. We didn't even have any other way to cook them.

The container is the biggest variable. Sometimes in the dollar store or other places, you can find plastic things especially made for microwave egg cooking. Mine is white and is hinged with two round compartments for the egg. Don't over fill, because eggs tend to expand and POP in the microwave when they cook. You can easily make a mess. Also use pam or something to make removing it easier. Less green places still cook them in styrofoam bowls.

You do it just like making a scrambled egg at home. Mix a little milk in the egg when beating it (some people use a little water instead). You can add stuff to it, but make sure it's precooked because you are only talking about 1-3 minutes depending on the microwave. Don't overcook or you will end up with a dry, raisin looking piece of rubbery egg.

Try using low-cal wraps and some salsa for a breakfast sandwich. Even lighter with eggbeaters.

But remember...you will probably make a mess in the microwave... :)