exactly how many calories in one drop of sugarfree natura?

Options
I am actually very confused about sugar free natura drops. I searched a lot about its calories. Somewhere its written its zero calorie n on many sites its written as low calorie. I m using this sugar substitute daily in tea n custard etc. But while adding n creating my recipes I get confused exactly how much calories I should add per drop.

Please reply politely n only if you know the answer. I thought thrice before posting my Q's. Earlier I had a really bad experience here. People start criticising n become rude here.
Hoping to receive helpful n polite replies

Thanks

Replies

• SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What does it say on the packaging?
  • shikhakaushal89
    shikhakaushal89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    What does it say on the packaging?

It says nothing exactly...zero calorie is written on front.. but according to MFP one drop has 4 calories. So m confused
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Anything that has less than 5 calories per serving is allowed by the labeling rules to round that down to 0 calories per serving.

Guidance for Industry: A Food Labeling Guide

It might have 0 calories and it might have 4 calories.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You might try contacting the company. They may answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to tell you. Worth a shot if you're worried about it.

Or, to be safe, you could count each serving as 4 calories.
    Personally, I'd let something that small go and not worry about it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    How many drops per day are we talking OP?

I guess I would just call it 4 calories per drop or just not count it if it is only going to be a few drops over day - just figure that is part of estimation which all our calorie counts are.
    They don't have to be accurate to the nth degree.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Anything that has less than 5 calories per serving is allowed by the labeling rules to round that down to 0 calories per serving.

OK... I see ..thanks buddy....
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    How many drops per day are we talking OP?

I guess I would just call it 4 calories per drop or just not count it if it is only going to be a few drops over day - just figure that is part of estimation which all our calorie counts are.
    They don't have to be accurate to the nth degree.

I usually don't take more than 4 drops a day ...only it increases when I make sweets like custard . Yes , u r right accuracy is not assured.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    "kristydi;33030755"]You might try contacting the company. They may answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to tell you. Worth a shot if you're worried about it.

Or, to be safe, you could count each serving as 4 calories.
    Personally, I'd let something that small go and not worry about it.[/quote]

Company will surely not clarify...
    On product they write zero calorie and on their site they mention low calorie or not having bad calories...
    And on Mfp also calorie is shown not as per drop but as per tabspoon ...
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    And on Mfp also calorie is shown not as per drop but as per tabspoon ...
    Values shown in the MFP database cannot be trusted. Every entry must be compared to a reliable source in order to verify that it is accurate. Someone could edit the entry to say that 1 tablespoon has 0 calories or 100 calories or 1000 calories.