Diabetic here, looking for friends

Options
BekahC1980
BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
Hi, I am a type 2 diabetic, looking for friends. Not sure what else to say. Needed a way to help keep track of my carbs and if I lose weight in the process, great.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    Options
    bump
  • BekahC1980
    Options
    still looking for friends if anyone wants to add me
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hey, feel free to add :-)
  • ernestmartin3
    ernestmartin3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • StrengthBeyondStrength
    Options
    Hey I was just diagnosed today with type 2! I've been using MFP religiously for 3 weeks and I'm losing a lot of weight. Doc said if I stay on track, I can reverse it over time.
  • astevenson692
    astevenson692 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me to I am also diabetic and looking for support buddies.
  • DaliaMaria1173
    DaliaMaria1173 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a low-to-moderate carb diet to prevent Type 2 diabetes (pre-diabetes). It runs in my family. Even a lot of the skinny people in my family seem to get it. I've sent you a friend request.
  • kmasangkay
    kmasangkay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hey I'm pre-diabetic and working hard to make sure I don't get diabetes type 2, add me(:
  • BekahC1980
    Options
    kmasangkay wrote: »
    hey I'm pre-diabetic and working hard to make sure I don't get diabetes type 2, add me(:

I was also for a few years. Then I got pregnant with my son and never lost it. I wish you luck that you don't get it.
  • BekahC1980
    Options
    I'm doing a low-to-moderate carb diet to prevent Type 2 diabetes (pre-diabetes). It runs in my family. Even a lot of the skinny people in my family seem to get it. I've sent you a friend request.

Ty for the friends request and yes it runs very heavily in my family. The skinny ones actually have hypoglycemia. My grandma died from complications from her diabetes and my mom has diabetic neuropathy.
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been recently diagnosed with Type 2, it also runs in my family.