Medifast

Options
Who has tried the Medifast plan? Your thoughts?

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

I was just gonna post that. It should maybe get a sticky...the photo of the ziti soup thing should answer that question for everybody.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope. No way. I prefer eating real food, at a deficit and still lose weight.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It has so much soy in the product it caused me to become anemic and black out due to blood loss during my monthly cycle. It's a terrible food plan. If you need the structure with a meal plan I'd go with Nutrisystem. They have a lot of food choices without soy.
    Or just count your calories on real food, and save your money.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I know someone who tried it, loved it, dumped all her fat friends, now she weighs at least as much or more than before she started. >:) Karma is fabulous. It is an extremely low calorie diet - you're going to hungry, angry and probably not able to sustain the loss.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I kind of look at it this way: Lose weight the way you want to maintain it. Do you plan on drinking these drinks forever? They can become quite expensive. Setting up a reasonable calorie deficit will make you lose weight.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Dangerously low deficits. Gross, processed, and expensive "food". No.

My mom and sister did it. They lost a ton of weight super fast but had no energy at all. Plus it is a pyramid scheme. Those are always a no.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was on it and loved it. I lost a lot of weight on Medifast in 2013 and kept most of it off.

I'll PM you, OP. I'm not a "health coach", not selling anything, not even doing MF any longer so don't be afraid to open my message :)
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Nope. No way. I prefer eating real food, at a deficit and still lose weight.

This exactly.
  • Chomesuke
    Chomesuke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried it with the Take Shape for Life program, where they teach you how to change your lifestyle so you don't gain all the weight back. Granted, I didn't have very much to lose; I was at 162 lbs. and now I'm at 143 lbs., but it made a HUGE difference. I went off of it because I got tired of the food (though it tastes surprisingly good until you've been eating it for several months). I kept cheating so it took forever.... But it taught me a lot and now I'm able to maintain my weight and continue dropping pounds.

However, it is very expensive, so I wouldn't go on it unless you're completely committed and willing to pay extra.
  • Chomesuke
    Chomesuke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It works for some people and other people absolutely hate it. Just a matter of opinion.
  • Anna83704
    Anna83704 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My ex is desperately trying to sell me on the MediFast Take Shape for Life program. Unfortunately, I have this thing about wanting to eat more than 800 calories a day. Go figure...
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Anna83704 wrote: »
    My ex is desperately trying to sell me on the MediFast Take Shape for Life program. Unfortunately, I have this thing about wanting to eat more than 800 calories a day. Go figure...
    But let's say you did only want to eat 800 calories a day . You could still do that with real food and save all that money.

I simply couldn't eat only 800 calories a day, never mind trying to choke down whatever they make that medifast stuff out of. Someone would say something to me at the wrong time and crawl away with one less body part. I'm not very nice when I'm hungry.

• northshoreshells
    northshoreshells Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I enjoy using Medifast because I don't have to think about cooking, I mix flavors and make things out of the packets so they are tasty, and many of them are tasty on their own with a little seasoning. I recommend Medifast for losing weight with proper coaching from a certified health coach. I don't feel hungry, and I am returning to the diet after having to go off for surgery. I lost 10 pounds in one month and felt great. I need to lose a hundred pounds so if I'm happy with this, I'm going to go ahead with it. Sure a lot of its processed, but you can eat all the organic greens and chicken or fish that you can handle one time a day. And it's not forever, they transition you back to normal diet. I do miss fruit, dairy and bread, but it's worth it. I recommend Medifast, its $300 a month for the food and heck I spend that anyway.
  • northshoreshells
    northshoreshells Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 120 lbs. so anything that I can stay with will benefit me. My coach works for a wellness clinic in a local hospital and has never forced me to buy thru her. I buy for less on ebay.