Thank you military!

Options
Bubs05
Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
With Memorial Day weekend approaching, I wanted to take a minute to thank all MFP military, past and present, for your service.

Thank you for giving me freedom.
Thank you for protecting that freedom.
Thank you for having the courage to do a job that I am not brave enough to do.
For those who are no longer with us, Thank you for giving your life so that I may continue to live mine.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    With Memorial Day weekend approaching, I wanted to take a minute to thank all MFP military, past and present, for your service.

Thank you for giving me freedom.
    Thank you for protecting that freedom.
    Thank you for having the courage to do a job that I am not brave enough to do.
    For those who are no longer with us, Thank you for giving your life so that I may continue to live mine.

Your welcome. God bless.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    Who all's active duty here on MFP?

USN, stationed in Norfolk, VA here!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! On behalf of my Husband, Grandfather, Father -in-law ans Brother-in-law, I say your are welcome and that it is so nice when people take the time to say thanks!
  • BigCountry00
    BigCountry00 Posts: 288
    Options
    Active duty here as well. Thank you for posting Thanks.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I'm so proud of my Dad (former Soldier) & my husband (Airman, AD almost 9 years in) & all the GI's out there fight for us. I cry everytime I see troops coming home
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Though I didn't enjoy it at the time, I am glad I served 6yrs in the Navy. I was stationed aboard a carrier and did one and a half 6 month tours in the Persian Gulf in '98 and '00. My enlistment ended midway through the 2nd tour (got catapulted off the carrier like the jets do, WOW talk about a rush!).

Thank you for this post, and thank you to all current active duty, and fellow military veterans. :smile:
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    thank you and stay safe
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks to each and every one of our service people Past and Present, and Thank you to their families as well.
    Thank You for all your sacrfices, they do not go unrecognized.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump