Try, fail. Try, fail.

Options
Every time I do this. I look at what I've eaten, and realize I'm eating empty calories. And I just give up. I eat just countless things that I'm not even hungry for. Should I just give up on losing weight? I'm not unhappy with myself. But I am with my self image. Any thoughts? I used to be the football star. Now I'm nothing.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    don't give up.
    keep going, fall and get back up. the only time you truly fail is when you stop trying so you haven't failed yet

you are you and you are something. speak kindly to yourself and you will find it easier to stay on track
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Learn something every time a failure happens. Make it into something positive, a solution, an awareness - anything.

But... that said, weight loss is not the be-all-end-all to image issues. That's something that has to be fixed from within. Have you thought about speaking with a therapist?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    No, don't give up. You said you used to be a football star. Did you score a touchdown every single game? Did you give up when you didn't? Of course not, that's ridiculous.
    Not many people succeed at difficult things right off the bat. Just keep trying, you'll be glad you did.
  • GunnDancer
    GunnDancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. If you want to make the change you will. I know everyone will say remove temptation from the house, weigh everything, log everything, etc. And they are right, but it can be burdensome.

Start small and build. Next time you think you are hungry, wait fifteen minutes. If you are still hungry, have a serving of what you want and eat it slow.

If you are finding exercising tough, take a long walk at a manageable pace. Do ten push ups. Then the next day walk faster and do 12 push ups.

When I first started running I was lucky to manage a 15 minute mile without dying. Now I can run a mile in well under 8 minutes. And it took a long time. I know a lot of people talk about losing 100 pounds in 10 months and stuff and that is awesome! But some of us take longer. It ttooke five years to lose 100 pounds, but I am keeping it off.

So don't give up, font compare yourself to anyone else, and take it at your own pace.

You can do it.
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Part of success is failing, learning from that failure and applying what you've learned the next time around.

You aren't nothing. You're a human being capable of doing anything you want. If you think you're nothing, then that's true to you. Of course you can't change your entire thought process in a day, so start small. Do something today that you know you can do well and master it (going to the gym three times a week, drinking enough water, logging your food accurately everyday, going outside at least once or twice for a walk). Then move onto something else and keep going at it until you master it.

The fact that you've tried and failed multiple times means you haven't given up. You're willing to get back up again and do it, so I definitely applaud that.
  • beastmodeson1
    beastmodeson1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Helps a lot.
  • beastmodeson1
    Options
    Learn something every time a failure happens. Make it into something positive, a solution, an awareness - anything.

But... that said, weight loss is not the be-all-end-all to image issues. That's something that has to be fixed from within. Have you thought about speaking with a therapist?
    Perhaps stick to the weight loss advice.
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    More like:

Try, learn, adjust. Stick with it! Try, learn, adjust.
  • beastmodeson1
    Options
    las07s wrote: »
    More like:

Thank you (:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    More like:

Thank you (:

hmmm So do you know why you eat when you are not hungry?
  • beastmodeson1
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    More like:

Thank you (:

hmmm So do you know why you eat when you are not hungry?
    Yeah. Just pure Bordem honestly.