Losing motivation / discouraged

Options
Several years ago I successfully lost 100# but never was able to reach my goal of 150# due to some health issues that came up. I have recently gained 15# back and got back on track with MFP keeping my calories under 1200-1300 a day and exercising 3-4 times per week (30 min strength / 30 min Cardio). At my weight, 230, I should still be losing. However, I'm at a standstill and becoming very discouraged. I want so badly to reach my goal and have all my excess skin removed so I can wear shorts, short sleeves, or maybe a swim suit without being embarrassed.

Replies

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1200-1300 for 230 lb is not enough - you're sabotaging your progress yourself.

For example, a 5'7" 35 year old woman that weight 230 has a BMR of around 1,770 calories - that's the amount of energy your body needs for a day at COMPLETE REST - that's how much your brain, kidneys, liver, skin, heart, sweat, hair growth, etc. etc. etcs and other bodily functions NEED per day to function. Your activities - walking and moving need additional energy.

You need to up your calories, slowly over period of a couple of weeks. Read what BMR means and how Adaptive Thermogenesis can completely stop you from losing weight.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Also, take a look at a post I made few weeks ago, you might find a few suggestions that would help you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10181297/my-guide-to-successful-weight-loss
  • karenkoontzharris
    karenkoontzharris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't know. I lost my weight before at 1800-2000 calories. I thought it would need to be less since i weighed so much less now but was always told never below 1200. I'll read up on this. Thank you!