Breastfeeding mom trying to get healthy!

Options
Hey all! I am giving mfp a try again after previous success. I just had another baby in March and would like to shed a little weight and feel healthy but I need to do it slow because I am breastfeeding. Also, I am on a restricted no dairy/soy diet (due to my little ones allergy).

I have little time for exercise but plan on squeezing in what I can at least three times a week.

I want to be healthy more than anything!

Replies

• AmandaCatanzano
    AmandaCatanzano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome! Congrats on your little one, I had my son March of last year
  • AmandaCatanzano
    AmandaCatanzano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know why the rest of my comment didn't post, but good luck with everything!
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How hot is it where you are? Is going out for a walk with your little one in a stroller an option?
    Good luck!!
  • nursed413
    nursed413 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding is what helped me shed the weight I gained from last baby the best advice I can give is while bf just watch what you eat I was starving all the time but chose healthy snacks fruit etc and did well from that. Good luck and congrats
  • jctk0419
    jctk0419 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just got back on MFP too, after having a baby girl in March. :-)

I'm breastfeeding at night and pumping while I'm at work. I wish MFP had a setting for wanting to lose weight while breastfeeding, as the caloric requirements are different than when not BFing. So, for now I have it set to wanting to maintain weight, and being lightly active during the day, which is the closest I could honestly say reflects my activity level, at least during the work week. I'll admit I'm more sedentary on the weekends. I'm looking forward to cooler weather returning so we can take our daughter for a walk at the park, or to the playground, rather than keeping to air-conditioned locations.
  • KathieNicolson
    KathieNicolson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey. I had my baby in Feb & also breastfeeding! I'm finding that I am hungry most of the time and slipped into indulging in cakes and sweet treats but I am trying now to make healthier choices. This will be especially important when the little one starts weaning - I want to lead by example! Good luck to you.
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Another breastfeeding mommy here - had my third child in April :) struggling to get my calories right and lose weight. I've been back for 3 weeks and have only managed to maintain which has been frustrating but hoping at some point things will start to move.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I just had my daughter in April and we are exclusively breastfeeding. I pump while I am at work and nurse her whenever I am home. I am working out a minimum of 3 times a week and need to lose 5" off my waist by October. Just started back to logging today and hoping to find that sweet spot where I can lose without hurting my supply too much. I am ok if I lose a little of my supply because I have a huge oversupply, but I don't want to drop too significantly.
  • maggiemaymcgrath
    maggiemaymcgrath Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I too had a baby in March. I had my first son two years ago, and I lost the weight and then some so fast and It's discouraging that it isn't working for me this time! I've tried a few things and not much is helping- I've tried reducing calories, tried working out a lot (totally messed up my milk) and have also tried increasing calories but I wasn't hungry and was just eating junk to get to that caloric goal.
    Right now, I have my calories set at "maintaining weight" and I'm just focusing on feeding my body healthy foods and trying to jog a few days a week (300-400cals/jog). If I am hungry I will eat the burned calories back, if not I don't worry about it. Also if I notice my milk supply slipping I bulk up a bit. Im also trying to increase my daily water.
    I'm hoping this will be the answer and that healthy foods will do the trick and the weight will come off when it's supposed to.
    Good luck everyone!! And let's remember when we're trying to squeeeeeze into our skinny jeans that the littles are more than worth it! :)