Would love some PCOS friends

Options
Anynone else have PCOS and trying to lose a lot a weight??? Would love some friends to help eachother along...

Replies

• vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    whats pcos?
  • raavyn
    raavyn Posts: 8
    Options
    Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yes!! That's me! Would love to be friends.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    i'm a "cyster" :)
  • AmeeraB
    AmeeraB Posts: 2
    Options
    I do have and lose weight while taking Met, so I am in!!!
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Yep! That's me!! I'll send you a request! Are you also TTC at this point or just trying to lose weight?
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    I have it!

I know almost NO ONE else with it and I feel it really does make a difference in losing weight. I feel like I watch a lot of my friends just slightly adjust their eating habits or fitness routines and immediately see a difference. I feel like I really have to put in a LOT of effort to see a difference.

All in all I'm trying to lose 30 pounds. I'm down 8 as of right now :)
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi i found out i had pcos 6 years ago a year b4 i had my son - Got loads of weight to lose. add me if u like. mandy xx.
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    PCOS over here! Feel free to add me :)
  • GemUK84
    GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi girls, im also a fellow pcos-er few symptoms started to flare again after years of them been under control so decieded to admit defeat with trying to convince myself my weight wasnt an issue. 15lbs gone so far and a whole lot more to go. feel free to add me :-)
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am a cyster. I am not ttc but I understand the struggles with weight loss. Its frustrating. Feel free to add me. Any of yall.
  • Sadie55
    Sadie55 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have PCOS too, add me =)
  • margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago. MAN I feel old admitting that. But I had a doctor that just yelled at me for not losing weight every time I saw him. He gave me zero tools to do so. So this is the first time I'm actually REALLY trying to lose weight. I love this site, and I'd love some fellow PCOS cysters!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm new here (day 3) but I have PCOS as well. Diagnosed 8 years ago. Lost 30 lbs on metformin but gained it all back in the last year. Not really sure why, as I have been exercising more.

So now I just started this. Finding it hard as I am eating SO VERY LITTLE and really healthy stuff, but I am hungry all the time. My calorie limit is so low. I have a really small & healthy breakfast & lunch, and still hardly any calories left for dinner. So we'll see how it goes I guess.
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    im a fellow PCOS - er. found out at the begining of last year been ttc for 2 and 1/2 years :(
    thought i was the only person in the world to have it!! feeling like at this point it is really against me loosing the weight i need to do!!
    any PCOS friends would be great to follow success stories and keep motivated :)
    add me also if you wish :)
  • previn84
    Options
    I'm new here (day 3) but I have PCOS as well. Diagnosed 8 years ago. Lost 30 lbs on metformin but gained it all back in the last year. Not really sure why, as I have been exercising more.

So now I just started this. Finding it hard as I am eating SO VERY LITTLE and really healthy stuff, but I am hungry all the time. My calorie limit is so low. I have a really small & healthy breakfast & lunch, and still hardly any calories left for dinner. So we'll see how it goes I guess.

I had this same problem. I had to change my settings to what was truly realistic as to how many pounds I wanted to lose each week. Its so much easier if you don't expect too much from yourself too fast. Start with a half pound a week and once you get used to that caloric limit, increase your weekly pounds, which will lower your limit again. Too many times we find ourselves wanting to melt away years of pounds in a matter of weeks or months, but it doesn't work that way if you want to keep it off. Good luck to you!
  • previn84
    Options
    im a fellow PCOS - er. found out at the begining of last year been ttc for 2 and 1/2 years :(
    thought i was the only person in the world to have it!! feeling like at this point it is really against me loosing the weight i need to do!!
    any PCOS friends would be great to follow success stories and keep motivated :)
    add me also if you wish :)

I wasn't ttc when I actually did. But I did a lot of my own research on PCOS and determined for myself that I also suffer from low progesterone. Maybe you should look into it and talk to your doctor about prescribing Prometrium. I conceived 3 months after stopping Yaz and starting Prometrium... and I wasn't even trying.
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    currently under the hospital, starting chlomid when my next period decides to show its face!! lol
    i have a four year old already so i know that we can do it but just need the help i guess. my doc has said that if i loose the weight it will all help. just feel like i am in a rut that i just cant get out of at the mo!