New and dieting alone

Options
iamMaLisa
iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
Hello, ive recently relocated and have found myself all alone in the diet and exercise world, I've tried to work out with my son he is 8 and thinks its funny to watch mommy work out, cause she is all jiggly, he says then laughs and then I laugh and well its usually hopeless after that, we laugh to hard and cant continue. :laugh: My husband has zero care for either working out or dieting, so no help there. Though he will at least eat his junk food in another part of the house. :wink: My friends are all far away so here I am in a city with no one to share my weight loss with. :sad:

Ha! ok, so my name is MaLisa, ive been on here for a short time, but I have never posted before. I think because I never really know what to say. I've been, ok trying to do the couch to 5k I am in my second week, its going ok so far, I did see someone post about an app for the couch to 5k and I downloaded it last night, it has been great!

So I just wanted to say Hello to everyone!

Replies

• ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    I know that jiggly laughing all to well. Welcome! and may the weight not be with you :)
  • vanessadcampanelli
    Options
    hey hey... im here if ever you need an extra push add me as a friend if u wish
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you aren't alone...add me if you need me :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I understand the whole doing it alone.. my hubby isnt into eating healthier or working out. Feel free to add me if you'd like. We could all use a little support at some time :flowerforyou:
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
    My daughter thinks it's funny with I work out too.. I try to do yoga poses and they are difficult when you are out of shape - she sits on the floor and says look mom its so easy... WOW, I get put in my place by my 6 year old. :laugh:
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the race!! U are doing great! Just keep logging on and tracking those calories. Add me if you like!
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My husband does not exercise either or pretend to diet. And my 9 year old son tries to do push-ups with me while my 6 year old jumps rope and my 11 year does tricep dips and crunches.

But, who knew? They used to just watch me too and giggle and now they have joined in and like to do jumping jacks with me! I feel like an inspiration. You will be an inspiration too and you are setting an excellent example. Who knows, maybe one day our husbands will join us too!

Keep it up. You are NOT alone :)
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    you can definitely add me! my husband has zero interest in his health, and i work with all guys who think i should only run if someone is chasing me! i need all the good vibes i can get!!
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    You can add me too if you want! I'm working out alone because, well, I lost 175 pounds of dead weight with my divorce (haha). But I entertain my dog with my daily workouts. Good luck, a new place with few connections is always rough. I'm sure as you go your hubby might just get on board with you!!!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Well, good thing you found MFP. You're not alone here!

Keep up the good work!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My husband does not exercise either or pretend to diet. And my 9 year old son tries to do push-ups with me while my 6 year old jumps rope and my 11 year does tricep dips and crunches.

But, who knew? They used to just watch me too and giggle and now they have joined in and like to do jumping jacks with me! I feel like an inspiration. You will be an inspiration too and you are setting an excellent example. Who knows, maybe one day our husbands will join us too!

Keep it up. You are NOT alone :)

My kids (4 and 2.5) do the same thing! It's hilarious!
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    You can certainly add me too.
    I know the feeling. My wife has zero interest in exercise or even thinking about fitness or weight. She will snack and eat junk food right in front of me with the kids.

She has gotten better over the past few weeks since I started about getting me better choices when she goes to the grocery store though.

Keep at it. Keep logging in and tracking. It really works.
  • rlyoungers
    rlyoungers Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I have three kiddos and I can relate - they all think my squishy jiggly belly is hilarious! I am like, YOU guys did this to me! LOL

Feel free to add me as a friend, as a fellow mommy trying to get in shape.
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me as a friend if you would like! We all need help with motivational encouragement!

I've never heard of couch to 5k before! I checked out the app and am thinking of getting it and maybe starting that when I finish 30DayShred.