How can you reach 1200 calories in 1 Dany

Options
Hi
I'm Muriel. I want to apologize that i'm not good in english. i'm french, but I want to share my adventure with another people who wants to take care about its health. So sorry for my fault.

I start to eat 1200 calories a few days ago, but i failed all the Time. Would you havé advices to success this goal?

Replies

• muriel0906
    muriel0906 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • DaliaMaria1173
    DaliaMaria1173 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you can't eat enough? Or you eat too much?

And where are you from, Muriel? I'm in Canada (Ontario) :)
  • DaliaMaria1173
    DaliaMaria1173 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Never mind. I see you are from Quebec. Bienvenue! Pardon my French. It's rusty. :p
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    The easiest way would be to add some exercise. 1200 calories isn't much. Might eat 1400-1500 for a few weeks and see how your weight does on that. Good luck!
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Muriel,
    Je dois rester à 1200 calories pour perdre. Mon appétit naturel m'amène à manger autour de 1700 calories, alors j'essaie de rester raisonnable dans mes portions et manger autour de 1500 calories je m'entraîne pour brûler l'excédent. Actuellement je suis blessée et je ne peux pas m'entraîner et c'est tout un défi de rester à seulement 1200 calories.

J'essaie de garder le déjeûner et le dîner légers pour pouvoir prendre un souper plus consistant. Aussi, à la longue tu vas connaître la valeur calorique des aliments alors tu vas être capable de planifier d'avance à peu près combien de calories chaque repas représente.

Bonne chance!
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should have 1490 calories a day. Lately I haven't been having a problem staying under my daily goal. I do that by eating 95% of my meals at home where I measure and weight everything.I save high calorie foods for treats. For example I had one chocolate chip cookie last month. I allow myself the occasional treat as long as it fits into my allowed calories.
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lilann you can adjust the the calories just adjust your macros protein, fat, carbs and it will adjust your calories from that information. :) I measure all my meals out everything is from home even snacks. I'm the same with treats you have to have at least one cheat day or you will hit a plateau.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1200 is too little for you, if you're having trouble sticking to that low of a level.

This calculator (works in metric & standard) from the Baylor College of Medicine will tell you how many
    calories you should eat to maintain any weight as well as how many servings of various foods to eat.
    It takes into account your activity level.
    Play with the numbers until the BMI is 18-24.9, then eat that much.
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html

If your current weight is already in that healthy range, losing weight will be slow. Even 250g (0.5 pound)
    per month would be good. Change your goal here on MFP, and you'll likely get more calories.

And consider whether you need to lose weight, or if you want to lose inches, be toned & strong. In that
    case, increase weightlifting.

Read this.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants