Cosplayer starting out

Options
HeichouTea
HeichouTea Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys! I'm re-starting on my third account, but I'm still fairly new to the community! :smiley:
I'm currently trying to get down to my favourite characters' weight so I can look better while cosplaying him :blush:
Please don't be shy! I love to talk and make friends :blush:

Replies

• Chomesuke
    Chomesuke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here!!XD That's why I'm trying to lose weight. What character is it? I'm working towards cosplaying as Allen Walker from D.Gray-man:) (by the way, your profile picture is FABULOUS. I love LeviXD)
  • usagiannora
    usagiannora Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am 5'3" and I weigh just under 185 lbs! This is the heaviest I have been in my life. I've gone through so much medically in the past 8 years that I didn't have a choice but to be on bed rest what felt like 24/7. I am ready to get back to working out, getting in to a routine, and starting to live my life again. I don't have a lot of friends on this app/website. So please add me and we can encourage one another.
  • KiwiMellow
    KiwiMellow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be able to cosplay anyone without hesitation so I understand your motivation! I'd also like to do some jfashion too but I'm too large for brands atm!
  • veganminecraft
    veganminecraft Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Same boat!! I'm not obese and "could" pass for a sexy cosplayer, but I have a bit of 20 pounds of extra chub. Thankfully it's spread out everywhere so not as obvious >_< I'd love to have a flat stomach again one day.
  • Cthululululu
    Cthululululu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel this, I want to do a Sailor Scout cosplay with my friends next year, but I so don't look good in a mini skirt.
    Also Super Girl for a DC cosplay, but super hero costumes.....

BTW, love the profile pic.
    I spent a lot of time around the voice actors for Attack on Titan at Omni Expo (I was 1/5 of security for the con) and Matt Mercer, Levi's actor, definitely made me appreciate the character even more. (My goodness, he's attractive)
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't cosplay but I do historic reenactment costuming so close enough! I love dressing up it is one of my motivations.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I haven't cosplayed in a while but I'd love to start again. Cause dressing up is fun. :)
  • WhaleToWench
    WhaleToWench Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looking to do a femme Link from LoZ in November this year, and hoping to get back into my femme Fourth Doctor cosplay too, so feel free to add me! :)
  • veganminecraft
    Options
    Looking to do a femme Link from LoZ in November this year, and hoping to get back into my femme Fourth Doctor cosplay too, so feel free to add me! :)

+1 for femme link!! hawwt :3
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Anime Expo T-6 days..... :)
  • veganminecraft
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Example. I have a maid cosplay. This was taken like last year. Since I've put on like 20 pounds and it's most noticeable on my face, stomach, and thighs combined, little bit of arms. . I'd like to look like this again and maybe even slightly thinner. ZbAmDYM.jpg

My face looks like this now obRSH2g.jpg the chubb!!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I just finished my Thor costplay. :-) took nearly 6 months to get my Thor arms
    IMG_3293%202_zpsqmsdyyzd.jpg
  • alexandralm
    alexandralm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up my wonder woman in her divine armor cosplay and I am primarily working on losing these last pounds and toning up for that! You should add me! We cosplayers need to stick together! :smiley:
  • hobbeskastiel
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »

Good job!
  • KirstenAFerreira
    KirstenAFerreira Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Aaah this is an awesome thread :P my tattoos ruin any hope of cosplaying for me :(
  • hobbeskastiel
    Options
    Aaah this is an awesome thread :P my tattoos ruin any hope of cosplaying for me :(
    You can cover the tats with make up or flesh covered sleeves or do a cosplay that covers the tats!
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a con in July where my cosplay is going to be Amethyst from Steven Universe, so my current weight is actually okay since she's a somewhat bigger girl- but I'd still love to do something like a Sailor Scout with the mini skirt and not worrying about how my legs look. You can friend me if you like!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »

Dedicated, motivated....SIR!

Well done.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! I have slowly.. And I mean slowly, have been getting interested in cosplay. The only thing that holds me back is being at a weight in comfortable in.. And social anxiety. Hahaha.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    This is cool!

I wondered if it was a joke or really a thing.

Very cool costumes.

Hmmmm

I would dig being able to look like the werewolf guy Alcide off of True Blood...

Word