Does anyone else get sick when they start a diet/exercise ov

Options
Libby81
Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
Hi guys

Just a quickie really. I've been watching my diet and exercising for about 4/5 weeks now and I have gotten a horrible niggly cold that won't shift. It fades and then comes back stronger (as it is now), making it hard to exercise because it really weakens me.

This has happened before, and always when I drop my calorie intake and add exercise to my routine.

Replies

• HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've gotten sick when I've been hitting the exercise really hard. I now make sure I take a multivitimin. Germaphobe habits are good to adopt as well. :o)
  • Mandie1117
    Mandie1117 Posts: 15
    Options
    I tend to get sick at the gym when I work out after cutting my calories back. Infact it just happened last night. Woozy feeling, not exactly a cold. Try to take a multivitamin and take vitamin C tablets, they will boost your body to fight off illness.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This happens to me a lot. It lasted about 2-2 1/2 months, but i just pushed through and took some vitamins for energy. I've heard that fat stores toxins, and when you start to lose weight, those toxins are released in the body and you can be sick because of it for awhile. Now I'm 4 months into my journey, 32 lbs down, and feeling amazing!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    r u eating enough? this has never happened to me.. r u getting enough vitamins? Try and increase in vitamins such as a, b, c, and e, and extra protein, i havent been sick in years by vitamin increase... Your diet shouldnt be about eating less and excercising more.. I, along with tons of other people, feel like we are eating MORE than we were before, its just a matter of choosing better foods... Before Id eat 3x a day... now I have 6x a day scheduled and often feel like i never stop eating cuz im actually eating about 9x... I drive my boyfriend crazy cuz he always tells me "u just ate, and your already hungry?? how r u losing weight again??"

make sure u r getting a minimum of 1200 calories a day NET (not just eating 1200, but if u excercise, making sure u eat more to get back to 1200 again)..

people who have vitamin deficiencys get sick often.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    side note addition to what i just said---MFP keeps track of iron, vitamin a, c, and potassium.. my goal everyday is to max out all of those (while not going over on sodium, fat, calories etc)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    r u eating enough? this has never happened to me.. r u getting enough vitamins? Try and increase in vitamins such as a, b, c, and e, and extra protein, i havent been sick in years by vitamin increase... Your diet shouldnt be about eating less and excercising more.. I, along with tons of other people, feel like we are eating MORE than we were before, its just a matter of choosing better foods... Before Id eat 3x a day... now I have 6x a day scheduled and often feel like i never stop eating cuz im actually eating about 9x... I drive my boyfriend crazy cuz he always tells me "u just ate, and your already hungry?? how r u losing weight again??"

make sure u r getting a minimum of 1200 calories a day NET (not just eating 1200, but if u excercise, making sure u eat more to get back to 1200 again)..

people who have vitamin deficiencys get sick often.

I eat a lot more than I used to, just good stuff and under my old calorie intake, but not stupidly. I'll have to look in to vitamin suplliments
    This happens to me a lot. It lasted about 2-2 1/2 months, but i just pushed through and took some vitamins for energy. I've heard that fat stores toxins, and when you start to lose weight, those toxins are released in the body and you can be sick because of it for awhile. Now I'm 4 months into my journey, 32 lbs down, and feeling amazing!

that would make sense actually, multivitamins all the way for me