Today's quiz, how many calories in this bag of popcorn?

Options
funkyfreaky
funkyfreaky Posts: 7 Member
I'm coming up with two different numbers depending how you look at it. I've already eaten it so I can't measure.
Could they make this any more difficult?

nwdc414mq70r.jpg

2vw9vso.jpg

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    281.25???
    But, figured from unpopped, totally different!! How frustrating!
    I am gonna stick with 100 cal bags! LOL!
  • funkyfreaky
    Options

Then divide the total grams by the grams listed in the 2T serving (32g). That's how many servings you had. Then multiply the number of servings you had by the calories/fat/etc. :)

Wat? ;)

jenibethbu wrote: »
    281.25???
    But, figured from unpopped, totally different!! How frustrating!
    I am gonna stick with 100 cal bags! LOL!

Yea, thats what I came up with but the rest of my crew had a different number
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole bag. Is that the right answer?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just choose one and go with it. I'd just measure it out by the cup (popped) and go from there. Even if there is a slight error, it's not something that's going to break your deficit.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It says 1 serving size unpopped is 140 calories, so 2.5 servings of that is 350, but 4.5 cups popped at 2.5 servings is 281.25. I'd just log the 350 (maybe a bit less if you want) and call it a day. It is definitely messed up, however.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It says 1 serving size unpopped is 140 calories, so 2.5 servings of that is 350, but 4.5 cups popped at 2.5 servings is 281.25. I'd just log the 350 (maybe a bit less if you want) and call it a day. It is definitely messed up, however.

But a lot of the kernels don't end up getting popped. So if you take that into account, it probably evens it out.
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you also have to consider that the bag is lined with fat, so as long as you're not licking the bag, you can use the lower number.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

But a lot of the kernels don't end up getting popped. So if you take that into account, it probably evens it out.

I prefer to overestimate just in case, especially if I have the extra calories, I would personally log 320 to account for unpopped/oil left in the bag However I'm in a large deficit so it's not a massive issue for me personally.
  • funkyfreaky
    Options
    efwolfcub wrote: »
    you also have to consider that the bag is lined with fat, so as long as you're not licking the bag, you can use the lower number.
    I licked my fingers, does that count?
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    id say 315 since unpopped its 350 but popped its about 281, and the average of those two numbers is 315.
    average cause usually not all of the popcorn pops and its about 4.5 cups for 2 tbsp but really its usually a tiny bit more,