Not so good at this

Options
Hello all!

I've always been totally awful at "dieting" but I really want to try it again. My goal is just to move towards a healthier, more active life. Anyone who's willing to encourage me to my goal is much appreciated! I'd love to help motivate others as well!!

Replies

• SSeitz775
    SSeitz775 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've tried various diets that involved shakes and I felt like I was starving myself and the results weren't worth it. 10 days ago I joined a gym, ditched soda, and started using MFP and I'm down 7lbs! We could all use some motivation. Add me if you would like. We can motivate each other. The best of luck to you!
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! One thing I've learned about "dieting" is to not call it dieting haha. Thinking of it more as a lifestyle makes it a bit easier to stay motivated and on top of things. Set some specific goals for yourself to focus on. One thing I did was to buy shirts that were a size smaller so I can work my way to one day wearing them comfortably. Also make use of the food diary on here and log in everything you eat, you may be surprised on how much sugar, sodium, carbs, etc. may be in the foods you eat. Be honest and consistent with it, it will help out a lot. Add me if you'd like, good luck!
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Everyone could use some motivation :) you already made the first step! What are you goals @ellejj21 ?? It is definitely a lifestyle change not a diet that is an awful word...yes food diary is great and my food scale is my best friend really helps with the goals like he said you really dont know how much carbs, sugars and stuff you eat.. all this fat free stuff they take away sugars yes but if u take a look they load it with carbs, set some goals for yourself attainable small goals and keep building from there you can do this!!! Get some insight on macros that is a huge help knowing how much everything you should eat.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, it's a lifestyle change not a diet. You can change your lifestyle and keep up with that, but noone can diet forever. The food scale is also my best friend, trying to estimate what you eat just by eyeing it is impossible. I didn't realize how much I was eating until after I got my food scale. Also you need to remember you can eat whatever you want and still loose weight, as long as it's within your calorie limit for the day. Don't try and restrict yourself too much, thats when failure occurs.