Zumba Calories

Options
Hi everyone.

I have just been to my first Zumba Class and loved it but Zumba is not in the exercise datatbase!!

How many calories woukd a 45 minute Zumba session burn?

I weigh 16st 13lb if that helps with the calculation.

Thanks

Luv Kat

Replies

• Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    16st 13lb = 230lb for those that are not in the UK
  • jansenior
    jansenior Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Kat

I put it down as Dance aerobic and twist or something like that - if you search for dance and just browse through
    Think that is about the nearest

Love zumba - going three nights a week now !

Jan
  • loy1281
    loy1281 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put is down under dancing ballroom ( Fast)
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hello there.. well I've been doing zumba, I have a HRT and a 45 min session i've been averaging 350cals
    I weight 195. which is about 1.79/ lb. So 230* 1.79 roughly 411 calories.. that's of course an estimate depending on how much effort you put into it.
  • nickicaylor
    nickicaylor Posts: 27
    Options
    use high impact aerobics. That is what I tell ym students that don't have heart rate monitors to do. It is pretty close to what my HR monitor saves give or take a few
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i use this under excercse.... Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist, i figure it's pretty close & probably an UNDER estimate, so SCORE! :)
  • amielcampbell
    amielcampbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    P.S. i LOVE Zumba!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I add it to my database at 600 calories per hour.
    I have a HRM coming in the mail and then I will really know how much I burn per DVD.
  • justin_time
    Options
    Take a look at http://www.zumbacalories.com enter your weight, workout duration & intensity and it will calculate how many calories you have burned based on average metabolic rates