Dieting...

Options
When I think about dieting I think about eating less, getting more steps in, and spending a whole bunch of extra money on DVDs that most likely won't get used or watched. I needed some commitment this time which is why I chose to try out this app. Could really use some encouragement.

Replies

• 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well you're on the right track with MFP. You have to commit to logging your food intake as accurately as possible, using a food scale and you will lose weight. You don't have to buy dvds, unless you use them for an exercise program
  • OmarGallegos20255
    OmarGallegos20255 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling two but I've been logging my calorie intake and working out about 5 times a week! It's hard but just stay with it!! I have cheated once and it was last night lol but I worked out super hard today. Don't give up giving up is for losers we are not losers remember that.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Less calories does not have to mean less food. Make different food choices for more volume - you'll be amazed by how much food you can get to fit your cals.

I've never bought a fitness DVD in my life. I pay for a gym membership.... It's more suited to my goals. Fitness DVDs make me think of bad dancing, crunches, and g string leotards.

Losing weight is about eating less calories than your body uses. You don't need to do exercise to do this, although it helps to create a bigger deficit, or enable you to eat more. Find an exercise you enjoy, not just one you do because it's part of your "diet plan". It should be something you choose to do, something you would do regardless of whether you're wanting to lose weight or not.
  • Sarahchlec
    Sarahchlec Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It does work, I lost control since last year and put all my pounds on again so I'm willing now for that second round
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Less calories does not have to mean less foo. Find an exercise you enjoy, not just one you do because it's part of your "diet plan". It should be something you choose to do, something you would do regardless of whether you're wanting to lose weight or not.

Ya know..I'm not sure that even exists in my case :P joking aside I find the stationary bike least of the terrible..
  • nikkimtsk
    nikkimtsk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've used mfp before but made the mistake of not logging once i got to where i wanted to be.
    So here i am again, because i know it works for me.
    You will soon figure out what foods to eat so you don't feel crazy hungry. :smiley:
    I'm training for a half marathon and also use fitnessblender.com they have hundreds of free workout videos on youtube. I don't spend money on dvds or gym membership, i buy cool workout clothes instead. :wink:
    Add me if you want.
  • sherrah102
    sherrah102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone this is my 1st day at this
    Is there any recipes on this I can use . As am not sure what am doing
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    sherrah102 wrote: »
    Hi everyone this is my 1st day at this
    Is there any recipes on this I can use . As am not sure what am doing

You are eating foods you want to fit your calorie goal. There are no "recipes".... Make nutritious choices most of the time, eat sufficient protein and fat and fiber. Get yourself a food scale so you can accurately weigh and log everything you eat