Would love some PCOS friends

Options
2»

Replies

• CupcakeKendra
    CupcakeKendra Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was just diagnosed yesterday! Started my diet today. I hope to join the gym this weekend to start the excerising! : ) Would love to keep in touch with people that have PCOS as well!
  • previn84
    previn84 Posts: 48
    Options
    currently under the hospital, starting chlomid when my next period decides to show its face!! lol
    i have a four year old already so i know that we can do it but just need the help i guess. my doc has said that if i loose the weight it will all help. just feel like i am in a rut that i just cant get out of at the mo!

I think that's the rut most of us "cysters" find ourselves in, ttc or not. PCOS makes it so difficult to lose weight, much less keep it off, but losing weight is the only thing that makes us better. Its a vicious cycle, which is why so many of us get to feeling very lost, frustrated, and eventually give up trying. That's why a strong support system is so needed.
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    currently under the hospital, starting chlomid when my next period decides to show its face!! lol
    i have a four year old already so i know that we can do it but just need the help i guess. my doc has said that if i loose the weight it will all help. just feel like i am in a rut that i just cant get out of at the mo!

I think that's the rut most of us "cysters" find ourselves in, ttc or not. PCOS makes it so difficult to lose weight, much less keep it off, but losing weight is the only thing that makes us better. Its a vicious cycle, which is why so many of us get to feeling very lost, frustrated, and eventually give up trying. That's why a strong support system is so needed.
  • mummyfin
    mummyfin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    wasnt the effect i was goin for with the next message!! lol
    im glad that i have heard from other ppl that they find it hard to loos the weight as when i tell people im sure they think i am just making it up!!
    thanx for the support :)
  • sarahendrix7
    Options
    I was diagnosed just over a year ago. Went through fertility treatments and never once did my doctor agree that my weight had anything to do with my PCOS. I have been off fertility treatments for just over 6 months now and finally decided enough was enough and time to shed some weight. I've been trying the Atkins diet and excersise which is known to help women with PCOS and people with Diabetes. I too am new to the site and know quite a few people with PCOS but none with a weight issue. Its nice to know that there are so many other women out there that can help support each other.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 15 years ago :) (that makes me feel really old to say that!)
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hi girls, im also a fellow pcos-er few symptoms started to flare again after years of them been under control so decieded to admit defeat with trying to convince myself my weight wasnt an issue. 15lbs gone so far and a whole lot more to go. feel free to add me :-)

This sounds so much like me. I felt like I had the PCOS thing under control, but after my last pregnancy it has seemed a lot like when I was first diagnosed!
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fellow cyster here - been battling the beast for what seems like forever and would love the support of those who (unfortunately) face the same struggles! :smile:
  • AmeeraB
    AmeeraB Posts: 2
    Options
    How we are doing cysters???