Need to lose 28lb, keen on exercise

Options
Looking to lose 24lb by running, kettle bell training and sensible eating. New dad and recently retired from sport. Looking to lose the weight I have recently pilled on.

Replies

• MetalbonesMH
    MetalbonesMH Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    work out before work and never stop. Been going at 530am since 2008. ...took over a year to get where I want but I never miss and that is the secret
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is going to come from having a calorie deficit. Eat less calories than you burn and you lose weight.

Exercise for fitness and cardiovascular health. However, exercising does allow room for more calories to be eaten.

Follow your calorie goal, eat back half of your exercise calories (if using MFP's estimates) and you'll lose weight since your calorie goal will have your deficit built in.
  • needham1000
    needham1000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    work out before work and never stop. Been going at 530am since 2008. ...took over a year to get where I want but I never miss and that is the secret

Thanks for the advice. What kind of exercise do you do? How long? Do you eat before hand?

• Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The types of exercises you need to be doing are full body workouts, these really help increase your metabolism and reduce that weight. If you want a guideline on what you should be doing then add and message me :)