Me again! Back on the wagon in Newcastle, UK.

Options
Hi All,

I'm back to using MFP again (yep, I one of those people!) and I found the shared responsibility of with MFP really useful previously as I'd always been a bit of a diet loner. I fell off the wagon earlier this year due to work stress (there's no excuse in retrospect I suppose!) followed by an (all inclusive) holiday so as you can imagine I'm heavier than I was at the start of the year. Aside from the health benefits and the fact that I have a LOT of weight to lose (114lbs/51kg/8st) I confess I'm quite a shallow person so my long-term motives are being able to fit more comfortably into the sports seats of my new car arriving on 1st September 2015 (I told you I was shallow); being less body conscious on my next beach holiday in December 2015 and a plain and simple fitting into my (relatively) skinny clothes again because when youre skinny you always buy nicer clothes! In the immediate however I'd settle for being able to look at myself in the mirror full stop let alone naked. Oh and just to add to the pressure I gave up cigarettes a week ago so I need something to distract me from that!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if I haven't bored you to tears I'd really appreciate sharing my journey with you so I'm surrounded by people who motivate one another!

By for now!

P

Replies

• Sangsterr
    Sangsterr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Admitting the exact reasons why you want to lose the weight is definitely the best start. It's also really good that you know exactly how much you want to lose, now all you need to do is stay focused and keep motivated! If you need guidance on what you should be doing exercise and food wise then add and message me:)
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi
    From London feel free to add me for motivation
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • cny77guy
    cny77guy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck on you're journey.
  • wanabefit2016
    wanabefit2016 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're on the right path and this app is fantastic for tracking your food and working out. You will feel so much better once you're weight is off so keep those positive thoughts! Feel free to add me if you'd like to
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, you CAN look amazing in your new car! I've sent a friend request :)
  • MikeLeTwigg
    MikeLeTwigg Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me fellow Brit, but live in Sweden. I am 10kg down in a 40kg journey.