Homecooked Shrimp Scampi

Options
So I am making shrimp scampi tonight and need a little help on how to log it later. When I make it I use 1 lb of shrimp, 1/2 cup light butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, and parsley and then bake it in the oven. Now this is a meal for me and my husband and I disgcard most of the butter. So the butter is really more of a marinade in a way. It's not like I'm consuming 1/4 c of butter on my own. (And I don't eat exactly half either). So any ideas of how I should log this?

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    Go into the recipe part of food and you can put the WHOLE recipe into it:)! It will calculate it all for you!
  • ashleyxnicole89
    ashleyxnicole89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    create a recipe, and only put how much butter you think you consume, like 2 TBS.
  • rmoyer243
    rmoyer243 Posts: 23
    Options
    I work for a restaurant and we have a shrimp dish there in which we cook in butter and apply a butter sauce to it to finish, and 8 shrimp equals 90 calories. so I hope this helps.
  • 06mach1
    06mach1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Go into the recipe part of food and you can put the WHOLE recipe into it:)! It will calculate it all for you!

Yeah, the recipe tool is really useful!
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    just an idea i also like shrimp scampi but instead of butter i use water and butter buds and i think it comes out with the same flavor minus the calories
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    just an idea i also like shrimp scampi but instead of butter i use water and butter buds and i think it comes out with the same flavor minus the calories

I never heard of butter buds. Do you find those at a regular grocery store.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    I work for a restaurant and we have a shrimp dish there in which we cook in butter and apply a butter sauce to it to finish, and 8 shrimp equals 90 calories. so I hope this helps.

Yes that helps. That is similiar to what I do. I scoop out what I am going to eat, and then just add a little bit of that butter on top. What size shrimp. I think mine is medium.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I never heard of butter buds. Do you find those at a regular grocery store.

it in the spice section or sometimes by the popcorn its like butter flakes....they melt in the heat.....i know it sounds weird but it does replace having to use butter and using lots of calories...i personally just dont like it on like a bake potato cus it does have a salty taste to it