WHAT IS A GOOD EXCERCISE TO START AT MY WEIGHT IM 263LBS AND IM SHORT.

Options
I STARTED WALKING/JOGGING AND IT FEELS GOOD BUT I FEEL LIKE IM READY FOR SOMETHING ELSE MEANING ANOTHER EXERCISE BUT IM 263LBS SO I DNT KNOW IF IT WILL WORK WITH MY BODY. ANY SUGGESTIONS

Replies

• aminahrashid41
    aminahrashid41 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    well, you're ready to move on then you could try fitness blender. u can go to fitnessblender.com or youtube. there are tons of workout videos on there, so much so u don't have to purchase any videos. it's a lot of different varieties. hope this helps.
  • Chappara29Unica
    Chappara29Unica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    THANKS ILL CHECK IT OUT.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a pool swimming is great.

Just a quick, friendly tip, on the internet ALL CAPS is considered yelling.
  • Chappara29Unica
    Options
    Oh ok lol thanks im gonna have to try that since I cant swim.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Strength training and yoga :)
  • Chappara29Unica
    Options
    what's strength training?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Add daily activity until you get used to eating a deficit. People underestimate how hard it is to get used to the diet portion and weightloss happens in the kitchen not the gym. Park in the last spot and walk, take the stairs, dance in your livingroom. Make movement a habit until you get your diet in check, then focus on finding an exercise you consider fun and change it up often so that you don't get bored.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    what's strength training?

Lifting weights :)
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Lifting makes me hungry. I do it these days but it used to make my cravings insane back when I was 200+. I still find myself racing to the fridge on weights days but at least I have better self control now.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD when I first started out. Not expensive at all.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    You can do many things, just some you may have to modify/slow down on until you've worked up your endurance and such. I started back at the beginning of September weighing 211 lbs (I'm 4'11.5") and I walked. Tried a little jogging but it was uncomfortable and I couldn't go more than a 3 minute song. Joined a gym at the end of October and started lifting weights. Now I lift 3 days a week, recently finished 5k training, jogged a whole 5k and am soon going to do 10k training. And I'm down almost 60 lbs so far. I do my exercise based around goals I've made.

So, what is it that you want to do?
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    If you have access to a pool swimming is great.
    thanks
    Just a quick, friendly tip, on the internet ALL CAPS is considered yelling.[/quote

FYI that many people with visual impairments use caps so it's easier for them to see what is being written.
  • Chappara29Unica
    Options
    lifting weights I can do thanks and I walk up and down stairs probably 6 times a day but its a good workout lol and I think ill stick with walking for a bit more thanks everybody.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Look on YouTube for full-bodyweight routines (fitness blender, pop sugar, etc) to add to your cardio. You may already have a lot of muscle from carrying excess weight.
  • Chappara29Unica
    Options
    oh ok wow didn't know that can happen thanks im gonna start today.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You can do ANYTHING at your weight. Kickboxing, cycling, resistance training, lifting weights, Zumba. Have fun and do what you enjoy!
  • Chappara29Unica
    Options
    thanks I love zumba..
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I was that weight Zumba actually helped me lose more than anything else. You are dancing in front of a mirror, so you can see the changes to your body as they happen and it helps you keep up the good work.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Zara11 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD when I first started out. Not expensive at all.

Keep at whatever you do. You will get there. I just started the 30 day shred again after not using it for 2 years. I am about the same weight as I was then (240#) but today was the first day I made it all the way through. I feel amazing. Don't give up