Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need to lose those last 10 lbs

I want to lose 8-10 pounds in 2 months.

I started the Paleo Diet and thought that if I temporarily did that it would help lose those last 10. Wrong. The calories in nuts and the sugar in fruit didn't help.

I am 5,5 and fluctuate between 124-127...

I am not comfortable at this weight at all and feel my healthiest and leanest at 113-115.

I feel like the more I think about it the less self-control. I am trying to determine the number of calories that I truly can eat in order to lose the weight. Do any of you all have tips for losing this last 8-10 lbs that have really helped you?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    What's the rush?
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    I'm in the same boat, although I'm not putting a time limit on it because I don't want to be disappointed. I'm at 131 and would love to be around 120 (starting weight = 181). So I am just going to keep doing what I did to lose 50 pounds in the first place - logging my calories and staying at a deficit. It WILL be slow, and a big thing I noticed is that my water weight, hormone time, and GI stuff masks weight loss SO much more than it did when I was heavier. So just keep doing a healthy deficit, log honestly, and you will eventually lose the weight. It will be a tough battle though.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2015

I started the Paleo Diet and thought that if I temporarily did that it would help lose those last 10. Wrong. The calories in nuts and the sugar in fruit didn't help.

I am not comfortable at this weight at all and feel my healthiest and leanest at 113-115.

I feel like the more I think about it the less self-control. I am trying to determine the number of calories that I truly can eat in order to lose the weight. Do any of you all have tips for losing this last 8-10 lbs that have really helped you?

have you considered tracking your macros? I used data from three different sources (google free macro calculator) and used the average. this will tell you how many calories you need to either maintain your current weight or lose based on your activity level. Then you can use MFP to track the right amount of protein/carbs/fat to make up your allowed calories for the day.

I'm no expert. I'm still learning how to hit my macro goals, but I've seen a difference in the last 6-12 weeks of my body shape.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    I have been on my "last 10" for quite some time. My first 25 was ALL diet. Now I'm keeping the same calories (using TDEE -20%) but adding in fun exercise...biking rollerblading swimming running and some weight lifting with my husband. I find that once I get down to the last 10 lbs I feel really good and somewhat "food invincible" and that's where I go wrong. Im on day 16 of the journey to lose the last 10 and I'm down 2 lbs. it comes off slower at the end of the journey. I recently became a vegetarian as well ( about 2 months now) and it doesn't help....feel free to add me for support!!
  • ShenaazMo
    ShenaazMo Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. I find my self in the exact same boat. I'm almost convinced I've reached my plateau. My weight hasnt moved a gram. Which is good and bad at the same time: at least I haven't gained anything. Find myself at a complrte stand still. I really don't want to decrease my recommended daily calorie intake, but seems like I'll be left without any other choice. Im faily active, 4-5 days cardio/strength weekly.
    Any suggestions? Any?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Your weight is perfectly reasonable for your height. Maybe consider building some muscle instead... 113-115 is borderline underweight.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member

Have you considered maintaining and starting a recomp? There's a great thread by usmcmp in the maintenance forum about this topic.