What are your summer goals?

Options
Since it is almost June, I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish over the summer. Setting mini goals for myself has been my main motivation, so I wanted to have something to move towards over the summer. So, here are my summer goals:

1. Get down to 169 lbs by my 23rd birthday (June 13th) - I'm only .5 pounds away, so I'm looking forward to this early birthday present!

2. Be in the 150s for my physical (July 20) - I cannot remember seeing anything under 160 on my scale, and I haven't been anything other than "obese" since I started seeing this doctor (4-5 years ago), so it would be great to be within 10 pounds of "normal"

3. Fit comfortably into a size 8 (August 31) - Again, another new low for me, I've never been in the single digit sizes. I bought a pair of size 10 shorts in the beginning of May, and they are still a bit too tight for my liking. They zip and everything, but they could definitely fit a lot better. I'm thinking that I need to get down to about 155, losing 6-7 inches off my waist and 3-4 inches off my hips.

What are your goals for this summer? Feel free to add me so we can support and motivate each other over the summer!

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Abs by the end of August and toned legs from all the walking/running that I do
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My birthday is July 24th, and I would like to be under 200lbs by then. I have 16lbs left to go. If I reach 199lbs before that date, then I will have to set a new goal. For now that is my summer goal.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    My short term (summer) goal is to lose 25 lbs. and start running. My long term goal is to go on vacation next April, wear a bathing suit and not feel embarrassed.

I've got an 8 weeks biggest loser contest starting tomorrow. I lost 18.8 lbs during the first 8 week contest, I am hoping to lose 15 during this one.

One of my most important goals was to get my blood sugar under control. It has been "normal" for the past 3 weeks so I am hoping by my next doctor visit in a few weeks, I will be able to go off of one or more of my meds.

Best wishes to you in achieving your goals.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey! My bday is July 24th too! I have my goals posted in my signature. Ultimately, I would like to be 135-140 and toned some before my wedding September 10, 2011. : )
  • kezzieh
    kezzieh Posts: 25
    Options
    Its my birthday July 14th. Last year my chappie took me out for a gorgeous meal and told me I looked stunning. Since then I have had a gorgeous little baby boy who I am so proud of, but my body has taken a battering!! I would love to get back into those jeans I wore by my birthday!

I was also a running fanatic, but cant run a yard at the moment! Fingers crossed, get back into it again! I would like to reach 140lbs by my birthday, and treat myself to a new pair of trainers when I do!
  • kezzieh
    kezzieh Posts: 25
    Options
    Oh wow you have done great well done! Good luck with the running, thats one of my goals too! I have just joined a biggest looser challenge so fingers crossed...! Good Luck! x
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    My first goal for summer has been met, I weighed it at 169 this morning! My size 10 shorts are not feeling as tight and I've lost an inch off my waist and hips, so I'm getting closer to those size 8 jeans!

How is everyone else's summer goals progressing?
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    My summer goal is to get off of this plateau that I'm on and reach my target weight by July 4th.

I went on vacation a while back and lost weight despite all of the crazying dining with family, but now that I'm back into my regular routine, the scale hasn't moved in a few weeks. Makes no sense because I've been training hard for my half marathon which is coming up this weekend.