Unsavory Topic but here goes....

Options
hummzz
hummzz Posts: 384 Member
Okay... I know this is a topic that nobody wants to touch, but I've noticed since I've been eating better that my boo boo floats! Has anyone else noticed this? I know I know...but I've been dying to ask and I finally got the courage! LOL

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Its because of excess fiber in your diet. Fiber floats!
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to bet that the increased fiber and such is causing more gasses to be trapped in your bowel movements. More gas = buoyancy. :)
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    no answers, just hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Love this topic!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    idk, but i eat more fiber (sometimes as much as 30-35 grams a day, where it suggests i eat 19 a day; but my stuff never floats, lol. maybe im the weird one.. however, while on the topic.. since starting ive been constipated alot and ive never had that problem ever before. maybe mine doesnt float cuz it has more time to get packed in.. lol... eww
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Okay...great! I really wasn't concerned about it but it was more of an observation. Thanks for the clarity y'all!
  • SarahSmile77
    Options
    that's a good thing! Your "boo boo" is suppose to float; it means that you are getting proper fiber and nutrition. :embarassed:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I never paid attention to if it floats,im usally to busy making little statues out of it,doesnt everyone?:laugh:
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't jump out and call itself Mr. Hankey, you should be okay.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Its because of excess fiber in your diet. Fiber floats!

I've heard both - there's the thought your doo doo floats when you eat an excess amount of fat OR when you eat a lot of fiber. I've also heard that it can float if you have high blood glucose levels (like Type 2 diabetes). idk - as long as you're eating healthy and you feel fine...prolly not a big deal.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That's a new one on me. As a matter of fact, that was something I used to have happen when I was eating poorly--like way too much fat! Maybe someone else has some ideas?
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    I never paid attention to if it floats,im usally to busy making little statues out of it,doesnt everyone?:laugh:

*wipes tears from eyes*
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I also thought the floaters meant that you had excess fat in your diet. Who knows the fiber answer sounds good too:) As long as your doing it regularly it's all good!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't jump out and call itself Mr. Hankey, you should be okay.

Rofl, Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo!
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: *gasping for air from all the laughter!*
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: *gasping for air from all the laughter!*
  • Therapist_mama
    Options
    I did not mean to post that twice! How do you delete an extra post of the same comment?
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hope floats?
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    mrhanky.gif
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    mrhanky.gif