Help with t25 please

Options
a little background on me:
24 year old female 5'4" 195 lbs. I am a full time nursing student that lives a sedentary lifestyle. I recently started counting my calories and maintaining a deficit. I started t25 last week, now on my sencond week of the alpha cycle I have been trying to push myself to do the non modified version of the workout. As I am used to a sedentary lifestyle it is very difficult to keep up so I usually get back to doing the modified moves for most of the workout (i try to do as much of the non modified when I feel like I am able to). I would like to master the alpha workouts as it is the foundation for the beta phase. My question is: when does it usually become easier for someone like me to do the nonmodified version of t25? Thanks for your input.

Replies

• MelissaRettie
    MelissaRettie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you stay consistent with how you're doing, trying as much of the regular work out as you can and then switching to the modified, you can master alpha in just a matter of weeks. I loved T25 but I only did it for 2 weeks while visiting my sister, she had bought it. You will get stronger, I promise!!!
  • MelissaRettie
    MelissaRettie Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    T25 is a beachbody program, did you get a coach when you bought it? They may be able to answer any questions!! Not that I mind! :wink:
  • karenflrz
    karenflrz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    T25 is a beachbody program, did you get a coach when you bought it? They may be able to answer any questions!! Not that I mind! :wink:

If you stay consistent with how you're doing, trying as much of the regular work out as you can and then switching to the modified, you can master alpha in just a matter of weeks. I loved T25 but I only did it for 2 weeks while visiting my sister, she had bought it. You will get stronger, I promise!!!

Thank you for answering! I did not get a coach, my brother in law is one though.. I will keep trying my best. So far I am loving it, tomorrow is the last day of week 2, so double workout in the am! Can't wait, even though I am a bit sore.
  • softballmonkey45
    softballmonkey45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 this past Sunday, and I find myself in the same problem as yourself. I am a full time medical student and for the last 2 years of my life, I have sat around and studied either at home or at school. Now I'm trying to get fit again. If you want some support/motivation, feel free to add me as a friend. I find it helps to try the non-modified version for as much time as possible, and when I get so tired from a particular move, I just switch to the modified version. I'd rather do that and finish the routine than try to push myself so hard to do the non-modified moves that I end up hurting myself in the long run. I already feel stronger these past few days. Good luck to you.
  • dlrumer
    dlrumer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The modified versions are not necessarily easier they are just low impact. A few of the moves i think are harder if you are as uncordinated as i am as they seem to have more footwork going on. So dont feel bad for following Tonya. If you are a bit overweight it may actually be a good thing as your mustletone grows and can protect your joints some.
  • seachelle76
    seachelle76 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am also a full-time nursing student, so I feel your pain. I did T25 quite a while ago now and did the whole thing modified as I have knee problems. I even made it through Gamma. Some of the moves are easier and some are harder. Do what you can do. I still saw good results.