Crossfit

Options
cdww3
cdww3 Posts: 1 Member
Any cross fitters out there? How do you input your workouts in exercise?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'd be interested to see what Crossfitters log it as.
  • tiger400
    tiger400 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I.ve just started doing crossfit, coaches got me doing 3 warm ups at this stage as I.m a newbie and unfit.
  • tiger400
    tiger400 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to log it though
  • chadr74
    chadr74 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried logging crossfit exercises but it was to much trouble. Especially if you were doing a 20 min AMRAP of 4 different exercises for example. But if you do it you just have to create a lot of exercise. Like snatches, clean and jerk, pistols, and a lot of that other stuff wont be in there. I would use the number of rounds for sets and reps still how many you do. I know you have heard this already but be careful doing crossfit! Shoulders and knees take a lot of abuse!
  • coachaaronbpm
    coachaaronbpm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello kind folks,
    I realize we do a lot of movements in Crossfit, so i just try to log the big picture and look for time vs. intensity. Heres how i log my exercise, and whether or not its right on the exact type of exercise and calories burned is just an estimate.
    Aaron.
    eqsbziq9n0oh.jpg
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just log as circuit training for however many minutes.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor! That's what I do, and I just log the calories burned, knowing that if I do weight training I will continue to burn calories after the workout (added bonus!)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and log it under cardio (custom workouts) so I can alter the amount of calories I burn. It's slightly annoying that my diary just says cardio when I'm actually doing weights and going beast mode but I'll live with it. Sometimes I put in the notes a rough outline of the WOD just for my own interest/record.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Just started Crossfit as well. I use what I'd been using in the gym - Polar M400 and H7 HRM (using the Crossfit profile) to get a calorie burn. I then log it as a Cardio Exercise I created called...."Crossfit" :smiley:

I base my MFP calories on TDEE, so if my HR burn is not 100% accurate, it's not a big deal.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Just started Crossfit as well. I use what I'd been using in the gym - Polar M400 and H7 HRM (using the Crossfit profile) to get a calorie burn. I then log it as a Cardio Exercise I created called...."Crossfit" :smiley:

I base my MFP calories on TDEE, so if my HR burn is not 100% accurate, it's not a big deal.

Dead thread... look at the date of the OP's original post... now look at the current date.