Excerising with vertigo any advice?

Options
After feeling horrendously poorly the last few days I've just been diagnosed with positional vertigo. So whenever I move my head I get dizzy.
This has seriously set me.back as any movement currently makes me feel like falling over.
Anyone else suffered the same and have any advice on gentle excerise that doesn't affect you?

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Didn't the doc give you some exercises to do for the vertigo? I had it once. I had to tilt my head a certain way, hang on, I'll find the exercise.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/home-remedies-vertigo
  • mjsteed
    mjsteed Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No I was hospital admitted due to rapid heart rate and dizziness. Have to wait for a referal to ENT. All I got given was some medication to ease the symptoms :(
  • tomatoey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ah, I was just given the exercise. Did you follow up with your GP?

I wouldn't try any exercises for fitness until I stopped spinning, honestly.
  • mjsteed
    Options
    I've got to make an appointment on Monday. I originally went to my gp as I thought I had an ear infection and he sent me to A+E because my heart rate was rapid.
    I was knew I was right when I said it was to do with me ears :p
  • tomatoey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lol. I think we often know our bodies pretty well :)

I think just rest until you see the doc. Maybe give one of the linked exercises a try?

(Or are you in the UK? Maybe see if you can get looked at by someone at a walk-in-centre, they might give you instruction on these exercises if you ask. Or offer another solution, maybe.)
  • mjsteed
    Options
    Yeah thanks for those I'll give them a go! I'm UK based but out in the sticks so my nearest walk in would be the hospital. I'll wait it out until Monday as hope I don't see the same doctor that sent me to A+E :o
  • tomatoey
    Options
    No worries - good luck and take care!
  • niagarabelle
    niagarabelle Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Seeing your own doctor is a good thing. You might be interested in learning about the epley maneuver. You can look up instructions on youtube. Carol Foster, MD has a wonderful video there that I used and she explains the whole issue very well.