102 pounds lost! 484 days on mfp, my progress so far with tons of pics!

Options

Replies

• ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I loved reading your post. You did such an excellent job expressing your relationship with food and how it not only affected you physically but emotionally as well. Until we get to a place where food has to become our friend and not the enemy do we really appreciate its true value. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

Thank you! You are so right, its such a fine line with food because we can't just stop eating. Finding a balance took a long time but I was able to do it with consistency and enough willpower for an entire army! It took its toll on me for many years and I never thought I would break free, but here I am. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough :wink:

• ElvenToad
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you guys are making me tear up. Powerful words!
  • lenap81
    lenap81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your story is absolutely amazing. That is such an incredible amount of weight to lose on your own. This truly inspires me to get my butt in gear and lose the extra 60 lbs I'm carrying around. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures.
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    lenap81 wrote: »
    Your story is absolutely amazing. That is such an incredible amount of weight to lose on your own. This truly inspires me to get my butt in gear and lose the extra 60 lbs I'm carrying around. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures.

Thank you! I have worked very hard, and it really puts it into perspective for me when I pick up my son. He weighs 47lbs, and I can barely hold him for a full minute. No wonder I was in so much pain all the time, I've lost 2 of him!

You can do it! Set small sustainable goals, and just keep going until you get there. One day at a time, and one pound at a time. My favorite quote from these forums, if you never give up, then you can never fail.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    saschka7 wrote: »
    No lie...I totally started to get tears in my eyes looking at your pics and reading this (in a good way, not a bad way)---I don't even know you and I am SO PROUD of you! :)

^_____ This!
    So much of what you said is part of my story. If you aren't already some kind of coach, you might have missed your calling ;) You are inspirational. Your story is so honest and sweet. Thank you for putting it so well into words. It's not rocket science, but people need to know that you can chip away at by learning and trying new things. You don't have to aim for a half marathon in 6 months. Just turn your life around, one day at a time :heart:

Awesome job!!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congratulations! :)
  • jamieb55
    jamieb55 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So awesome, you look amazing and she be very proud of yourself!!!!!
  • lavenderannie
    lavenderannie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, you've done so well, such an inspiring story for everyone wanting to lose weight! Congratulations!
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    Thank you so much! Yes whichever path one chooses to get healthier is the right path :smile:
  • seachelle76
    seachelle76 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow- you look like the younger, skinner sister of your old self! Your skin looks a lot better too.
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    I'm always amazed by how much younger people look in their after photos! Thank you, that definitely put a smile on my face :smiley:
  • kellisa9
    kellisa9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great! Job well done. :)
  • Swiftkidd
    Swiftkidd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pretty dam impressive, your story gives much hope and glad you didn't give up on yourself.. I've got a bit of a splitting personality - all or nothing mentality and have felt for the past two years that embracing a healthy lifestyle to be unattainable so resorted to punishing myself to lower depths of ill health just hope I'm not to far gone and can recover to restored health.

Similar to seachelle76 - I had to look at that last photo several times as you look unrecognizable much younger like a daughter or a niece
  • ElvenToad
    Options
    Thank you. I understand all too well what your saying. The problem I had was that I loved food more than I loved myself... and being depressed, feeling sorry for myself was the norm. I never thought I was worth saving, as people were very mean to me all of my life. I believed them, and I did not love myself at all. I just finally realized that if I ever wanted to be happy I would have to change that somehow. It was tough to pull myself out, really tough! All the times I wanted to just drown myself into a carton of ice cream or a bag of cookies, the voices telling me just eat it.. I had to be strong! I wanted this SO badly. I got off my butt everyday to workout, and I said no to the voices in my head. I stuck to my moderate eating because I knew that it was the only way to save myself. All the candy or ice cream in the world will still be there if I don't eat it. Its not going anywhere, I just needed to get to a place where food didn't control me anymore. And I did! The more time passes the easier it gets because it becomes a habit. You can do it too. You are NOT too far gone, and I hope that you see from my story and my photos that it is possible. I wish I could give you a hug :(

• ElvenToad
    Options
    Oh and I think that's because in that last photo I started wearing my hair differently... But either way its a great compliment so thank you!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Congratulations!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I did not skip to the pics first, I love reading everyone's story and yours was so real and authentic. You have helped many by sharing your story, way to go!!!! You look fabulous and better, you feel great.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Great Job!! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story! :heart:
  • snowiebuggie
    snowiebuggie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow what amazing story just awesome gives me hope in my journey thank you for sharing
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement you deserve this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!