Too much confidence

Options
I weigh myself every day but I only log it on Saturdays. I've noticed that every time i get on the scale and see a decent amount of weight loss (1 lb or more) i totally sabotage myself for the rest of the day eating whatever I want. As if I feel that losing a pound means I can eat anything. Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips for overcoming this feeling?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    A loss means that whatever you are doing is working, so you should keep doing it!
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    See when i haven't lost anything I tighten up my diet, but when i have lost I think well... i can afford a cookie.. or two... and it just goes down from there. I'm still losing overall but i feel like a am really slowing myself down this way
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have experienced the same a few times. I am not sure of the reasoning behind it.

The only thing that I can figure is that all week we work toward that weekly weigh in...that is what we focus on. Then after the weigh in we can breath a sigh of relief...kind of like...finally it is over...let our guard down a little.

I don't know...not sure I explained it very well.
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I have experienced the same a few times. I am not sure of the reasoning behind it.

The only thing that I can figure is that all week we work toward that weekly weigh in...that is what we focus on. Then after the weigh in we can breath a sigh of relief...kind of like...finally it is over...let our guard down a little.

I don't know...not sure I explained it very well.

That sounds about right, I think I need some other kind of reward for my weigh in day maybe... I'm just not sure what
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    A loss means that whatever you are doing is working, so you should keep doing it!

This. You have to change your mind set.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...I actually do better when I log my weight daily. You might try daily...once every 2 weeks...maybe even once a month. See if it affects your actions after you log your weight.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    A loss tends to motivate me more. But maybe you need a reward some other way. Is there something you enjoy but feel is a time sink? Maybe give yourself some time reading or playing phone games or watching TV.
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    Options
    @Annie_01 i will try logging every day! @barbecuesauce I'm not sure, I'm a college student on summer break so all I do is read and watch tv haha i will have to figure out a different reward
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Maybe weigh yourself less often?

Nothing makes me want to keep it up more than seeing a loss. It's when I'm stuck that I get more frustrated.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    I would use this as a wakeup call to re-evaluate and adjust my plan in view of the fact that managing my weight is not a task with a specific end date.

I still like sweets. I can still eat huge quantities of high caloric value food. I need to be aware of these potential pitfalls to avoid starting an "I'm back again" thread a year or two from now....