Iced coffee addicts

Options
I've calorie counted in the past and it's always worked for me so I recently started logging again and have lost around 3kg (6.6 pounds) in the past 3 weeks. I'm a huge coffee fan but I only drink iced coffees, I used to drink three a day but have cut back to two. I thought it would slowly get easier and I'd adjust to the change but I'm finding my cravings are getting worse. To make my coffees I use: 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp Nescafé Blend 43, and 375ml lite milk - totalling 200 cals. I know skim milk is another option which would bring it down another 15 cals or so. I'm also working on cutting out the tsp of sugar which would help with my daily sugar goal as well.

Anyone else in the same boat that can't kick their iced coffee habit? What do you drink/eat instead? I don't like fizzy drinks so Coke zero/diet Coke aren't an option for me.

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Go without the milk. I had a delicious iced coffee today with just splenda.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wait...how are you getting a 200 calorie iced coffee with "lite" milk and a tea spoon of sugar?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Maybe try unsweetened almond milk. The brand I use has 40 calories per 8 oz.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    200 calories is a lot for coffee but there are ways to cut the calories way down. I use water, vanilla almond milk, and mocha sugar fee syrup. That is 30 calories.
  • kmlr64
    kmlr64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Wait...how are you getting a 200 calorie iced coffee with "lite" milk and a tea spoon of sugar?

Because I use 1.5 cups of it, there's 110 cals per serving (250ml)
  • kmlr64
    Options
    200 calories is a lot for coffee but there are ways to cut the calories way down. I use water, vanilla almond milk, and mocha sugar fee syrup. That is 30 calories.
    I know that's my problem - two a day is 400 cals which is huge when you're only allocated 1200. What brand almond milk do you recommend? I've never tried it before
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

My guess is they are using 1% milk. The Op is using about 12 ounces worth and that's about 165 calories right there.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say I use unsweetened almond milk. As for the brand I buy whichever is on sale. Also if you go to pinterest.com and do a search for low calorie iced coffee you see tons of ideas there.
  • kmlr64
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Jeepers. My iced coffee is about 15 calories, coffee, splash of almond milk, some sugar free flavor drops and a splenda or two.

How much milk are you using? Must be barely any to total 15 cals? Even if I used almond milk I'd be over 100 at least
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    As others have said, almond milk is probably the way to go. Many brands are about 40 cal/cup unsweetened or 80 cal/cup sweetened. That works out to about 80 cal (unsweetened plus sugar) or 120 cal (sweetened, no sugar) respectively.

Almond milk isn't even an "acquired" taste in my experience - it's good, most people are simply afraid to try it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    kelliemlr wrote: »

Because I use 1.5 cups of it, there's 110 cals per serving (250ml)

Dang. What about two tablespoons of half and half instead? 40 calories of creaminess.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually do 1 tbsp Maxwell House instant, 1/4 c sugar free flavored syrup or 2 packets of splenda, 1 c water, 8 ice cubes, and 1/2 c light original silk.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Black
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Maybe try unsweetened almond milk. The brand I use has 40 calories per 8 oz.

Now there's cashew milk, 60 cals/8 oz.

Anyway, my iced protein coffee is 255 calories so I can't help you.
  • polly1970
    polly1970 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use the Green Mountain French Vanilla Iced coffee k-cups, 2 tablespoons of Torani sugar-free syrup and 2 tablespoons of International Delight's sugar-free, fat-free french vanilla creamer for a total of 40 calories for 16 oz. It's pretty darn good.
  • etray2002
    etray2002 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try a americano at starbucks, I believe it's 15 calories. Someone correct me if I am wrong
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    My iced coffee comes in at 15 calories. Coffee and one tablespoon of sugar free creamer. Or make it with that and a cup of unsweetened almond milk and it's only 45.