Vegan runner

Options
dkjaer
dkjaer Posts: 9 Member
I have been using this site for several months but haven't participated in the social side of it yet. I am a vegan runner and would love to find some vegan friends or anyone who is interested in switching to a plant-based diet.

Replies

• McMomma02
    McMomma02 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to mfp. I've recently looked into vegetarianism and need help with alternative protein sources! How long have you been practicing a plant-based diet? <3
  • dkjaer
    dkjaer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The last time that I (knowingly) had meat or dairy was on November 10, 2013. As for protein, I have found that a good way to get complete protein is to mix grains with legumes. Rice and beans, peanut butter and toast, pita and hummus, etc. Sometimes I'll have one with breakfast and another for dinner. When I go on long run I have some Vega protein powder afterwards. To be honest, I rarely ever meet the number that this site suggests but I am not too concerned. At 48 years old, my weekly mileage is well over 50 miles and last month in my 4th marathon, I managed to knock 20 minutes off of my personal best finish time.
  • veganminecraft
    veganminecraft Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi there!! I'm a vegan nerdy type girl :P Veganism is all about compassion, health, and eco consicous living! :) You'll find a lot of like-minded peeps here.