Breakfast shakes!!

Options
babyjo1989
babyjo1989 Posts: 10 Member
Does anyone have breakfast shake recipies as i need a breakfast i can have on my way to work??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What makes a breakfast shake a breakfast shake? What are your reqirements? Why can't you eat at home?
  • babyjo1989
    Options
    Like just nice shakes i can have on the way to work but low calorie and have all.the nutrients i need!! Because i start really early and have a long way to travel
  • McMomma02
    McMomma02 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time eating breaky too! And coffee was my go to bad habit so I was in heaven when I found a few smoothies I could rotate during busy weekly mornings!
    My absolute favorite I will give you love <3
    45.5g protein powder
    7.0g coconut oil
    3.3g unsweetened cocoa powder
    1.8g instant coffee
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3-6 ice cubes
    Blend on high until desired thickness
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    In general, you should organize your life so you can sit down and enjoy all your food. Eating on the run is generally a poor idea.
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Now i wake up early to have my egg whites and oatmeal but popsuagar.com they have an app as well, have weight loss breakfast smoothies and they are good and actually work!
  • melcren
    melcren Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to use myfitnesspal and was looking for recipes when I found this post. Please let me know if I'm out of line posting this here, but I use and sell a protein shake I love! It's an all-organic protein drink that includes probiotics, active enzymes, fiber and a ton of nutrients. No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. It's my go-to food when by body feels out of balance, nutritionally. They're great for rushed mornings - dump a packet into a blender bottle with water and ice.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    McMomma02 wrote: »
    I had a hard time eating breaky too! And coffee was my go to bad habit so I was in heaven when I found a few smoothies I could rotate during busy weekly mornings!
    45.5g protein powder
    7.0g coconut oil
    1.8g instant coffee
    3-6 ice cubes

OMG this sounds amazing!! I disagree with the poster that said sit down and eat. Do what you gotta do!
  • msbonnieblueyes
    msbonnieblueyes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have several recipes I use for breakfast smoothies and will be glad to share and swap recipes. I don't have time to sit down for breakfast either. As a bonus, they are like a treat every morning! :)
  • ANewMeNMe
    ANewMeNMe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink the protein smoothies from Sam's Club. They are packed with protein and super filling. Only 2 carbs, if I remember correctly. Just buy, put in refrigerator, grab a cold one on way out door in morning.
  • babyjo1989
    Options
    I have several recipes I use for breakfast smoothies and will be glad to share and swap recipes. I don't have time to sit down for breakfast either. As a bonus, they are like a treat every morning! :)

Thank you message me if you can. I really don't have time to sit down, a just want something that tastes yummy and has all the nutrients i need.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    McMomma02 wrote: »
    45.5g protein powder
    7.0g coconut oil
    1.8g instant coffee
    3-6 ice cubes

I do something very similiar....This is mine:
    1 scoop protein powder (comes out to appx 40g)
    1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
    1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 large banana
    1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk

I drink this over ice, as I prefer not very thick drinks :) This is appx 270 calories

Not everyone has time to sit and enjoy every meal
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In general, you should organize your life so you can sit down and enjoy all your food. Eating on the run is generally a poor idea.

While that is a great sentiment, many of us do not prefer to do this as we have a distance to travel to work and enjoy having our breakfast while we travel. It isn't "eating on the run" or crammed in, it is consumed over a period of time. I ALWAYS drink my coffee and drink a protein shake on my 40 min drive to work:) I then follow-up with the rest of my breakfast when I get to work.
  • onmywaytothinandfit
    onmywaytothinandfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I blend 1/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup plain fat free greek yogurt, 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 1 teaspoon avacado oil, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 packet truvia, and a handful of ice. Sometimes I sub a cup of frozen Strawberries or do a half a cup with the banana. It makes a big glass and is super yummy and satisfying!
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

While that is a great sentiment, many of us do not prefer to do this as we have a distance to travel to work and enjoy having our breakfast while we travel. It isn't "eating on the run" or crammed in, it is consumed over a period of time. I ALWAYS drink my coffee and drink a protein shake on my 40 min drive to work:) I then follow-up with the rest of my breakfast when I get to work.

Ditto.
  • hutchin88
    Options
    My favorite recipe with gobs of various nutrients and its very energizing:

Frozen mango
    2 handfuls baby spinach
    Vanilla protein powder; no artificial sweeteners please
    Dollop of plain yogurt or kefir
    Cinnamon
    A few walnuts or pecans
    A tablespoon or two of oat bran
    A tablespoon or two of ground chia or flax seed
    Splash of orange juice
    maybe a little water to loosen

I absolutely love this smoothie. I copied it from a health food store here that sells it for $7 a pop.

Sometimes I may not have all of the ingredients, but the basics are the the first 5 ingredients.

Best to you ---
  • Car_vajal
    Car_vajal Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I do a variation on the readers digest shake

1/2 banana
    1 serving of greek yogurt
    1/2 serving of peanut butter
    1 teaspoon of honey
    skim milk or water for desired thickness
    4 cubes of ice
    sometimes I add strawberries/ blueberries to change it up

You can add the protein powder scoop to this too
  • hutchin88
    Options
    Car_vajal wrote: »
    I do a variation on the readers digest shake

1/2 banana
    1 serving of greek yogurt
    1/2 serving of peanut butter
    1 teaspoon of honey
    skim milk or water for desired thickness
    4 cubes of ice
    sometimes I add strawberries/ blueberries to change it up

You can add the protein powder scoop to this too

omigosh that sounds amazing. I'm getting inspired by all of the great recipes posted here :smiley:
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Atkins Advantage Milk Chocolate Delight..i do 2 of them every morning....320 cals...low carb.... good fats... and it tastes just like mmmm good chocolate milk....Im a low carber
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Here are my faves: (They are all knockoffs from a smoothie place I like)

Basic:
    1 date
    1/2 scoop of protein powder
    1/2 banana
    approx. 12 almonds
    1 cup almond milk
    Ice
    Sometimes I throw in spinach too.

Orange Julius
    1 cup almond milk
    whole orange
    Ice
    Sometimes I throw spinach in this one too.

Mint Chip
    1 cup almond milk
    1 date
    1 tbs unsweetened coconut
    fresh mint
    spinach
    ice
    either a small piece of unsweetened dark chocolate or the Hershey unsweetened powder (depends if I want "chips" or not)
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My go-to healthy smoothie:
    1 C - Kale or spinach or chard
    1/2 C - berries
    1 Tabs. Flax seed
    1 Tab. Chia seeds
    1 C - water or coconut water
    1 tsp. black strap molasses
    1/8 tsp. cayenne peper