waist training anyone??

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'll keep my organs where they go, thanks!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    MzPunkin10 wrote: »
    I found this forum very helpful. Does anyone have any suggestions for effective waist exercises? Thanks in advance
    Compound lifts (see www.stronglifts5x5.com)
    Press ups, pull-ups
  • Reileyh8
    Reileyh8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I'll keep my organs where they go, thanks!

I laughed at that one.

I found that the corsett helped to motivate and even enlighten me into eating healthy and exercising in order to reach the figure the corset gave me. I'll wear it around the house to stay focused on my goal which I will obtain through the commitment of old fashioned, character building diet and exercise!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    1. It doesn't hurt you and doesn't look at all like that drawing, which was the (fertile) imagination of someone. You also have no risk of blood clots, which you can get if you wear thigh-length Spanx that are too tight for too long.

2. It doesn't permanently change your body unless you wear it at least 20 hours a day for YEARS. And if you're doing more than smoothing and gently squishing some fat, the shape that it creates pushes some of your organs a few inches lower, so it actually creates a LARGER volume in your lower abdomen. Tighter lacing is not a fashionable silhouette, to say the least!

3. It does make you way less hungry...but only while you're wearing it. So it can make you more aware of what you're eating and boost self-control. Some people who tend to binge or mindlessly eat like it for that, and it's often successful for them. WAY less of a major endeavor than bariatric surgery.

4. If you have very large breasts and your back always hurts or you're getting nerve damage in your shoulders, a lightly laced corset that transfers the weight to your hips is likely to be far more comfortable.

5. If you heard about it by watching the Kardashians, yeah, Kim's been wearing modern corsetry for at least a decade under a lot of her clothes that she's wearing on magazine covers to smooth, especially when she's chubbier. It's absurdly obvious to anyone who knows what to look for. There's no way that Spanx or something similar wouldn't be MISERABLY uncomfortable creating the look she likes. I don't watch the show. She's a serious yo-yo dieter, which is why she relies on it so often.
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Not good for u and painful I have one never wear it maybe if u wanna look curvy in a tight dress but its so painful and was a waste of $55
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Those waist wrap/corset things surely aren't helping my coworker. Don't waste your money thinking it will slim your tummy or waist. Do spend on it if you would just like to look smoother under your clothes until you lose enough to feel more comfy with yourself :)