Skinny guy workout routine

Options
Hey guys need some help on a workout routine I need a good routine for a skinny guy that is proven to work what did you guys to ti gain whight and put on mass I'm 5 foot 9 and I'm 110 pounds thanks

Replies

• Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Full body routine 3 days a week is best.
    Stick to compound exercise like bench press, deadlifts, squats and shoulder press. Around 6-12 reps at 3-5 sets per sets will work well.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Eat more food?
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 is a good routine to start out with, but if you want to gain appreciable size (aside from newbie gains) you're going to have to eat more than your TDEE. Essentially, eat more, lift heavy.

I'm on my phone so I can't help with links, but if you Google Stronglifts and a TDEE calculator you should be able to find both.
  • austin12macdonald
    austin12macdonald Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey thanks for replying I can't do strong lifts I can not do
    deadlifts and it does not work all your muscle groups any other suggestions thanks

• Kr15by
    Options
    Is there a medical reason you can't do deadlifts and strong lifts, or you don't know the techniques? If you're not lifting heavy you just won't grow
  • 70kgLeanMass
    70kgLeanMass Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No gym, calisthenics, bodyweight, eat big.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    deadlifts and it does not work all your muscle groups any other suggestions thanks

You asked for advice, because you don't know what to do.

But you dismiss stronglifts as not working all your muscle groups?

Have you ever done a 5x5 big compound based routine before? Any honest run at a decent routine like this with plenty of food will put on some decent mass.

First things first. Sort out your eating so you are gaining 0.5-1lb/week. Hit a proper fullbody 3x week routine. Sleep plenty. Give it at least 3-6 months
  • Kr15by
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »

You asked for advice, because you don't know what to do.

But you dismiss stronglifts as not working all your muscle groups?

Have you ever done a 5x5 big compound based routine before? Any honest run at a decent routine like this with plenty of food will put on some decent mass.

First things first. Sort out your eating so you are gaining 0.5-1lb/week. Hit a proper fullbody 3x week routine. Sleep plenty. Give it at least 3-6 months

^^^ follow this advice and you'll grow. It's not rocket science but you need work for it
  • Kr15by
    Options
    No gym, calisthenics, bodyweight, eat big.

Callisthenics will only get you so far but it's no substitute for lifting iron when it comes to building mass.

• austin12macdonald
    Options
    Hi guys I can't do deadlifts becouse I hurt the bottom of my back and it hurts when I do dead lifts and bent over rows and could some one give me a 3 day a week full body routine thanks
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    So don't do the deadlifts and bent over rows, but instead sub with squat variations and cable rows sitting up. Easy peasy.

Stronglifts is a good program, and you can get the free app to track it.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Chest supported rows can be subbed in. You may be able to sumo DL - a lot of people find it less stressful on the lower back.

This injury? Did you seek medical attention at the time? What diagnosis did they give you? Any physio, etc prescribed?

Basically if you have medical reasons that you cannot do certain lifts, then you might be best referring back to your healthcare professional and see what realistically you can do given the problem at this time and how you can get better enough to regain full function.

• austin12macdonald
    Options
    Hi yes I did go and see the doctor about the pain in my lower back I do not have a lot of muscle around that area becouse of my whight and I put to much pressure on that area doing bent over rows and deadlifts so until I put more whight on and have muscle in my lower back I can not do those exercises there has to be ways around it though I'm looking for a good mass gaing workout routine that is proven to work and I can follow I have dumbells a bench and a full home gym cable machine that I can do a lot on I'm just looking for a good split and routine thanks