Weight Loss Help

Options
Hi,
I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have had to learn a lot on my own and I find myself obsessed with "weight loss tips" and I'm looking for a "gold nugget" that just may not exist. I've been through the quick fix phases, trying anything , and wasting a lot of money. I take RX Phentermine and at first I didn't change my eating. I've become more aware and I'm more active than I've EVER been. I only drink water, lots of it. I work out twice a week with a personal trainer at my gym. I enjoy and look forward to going each week. I love pushing myself. My husband and I have noticed my body toning. The frustration comes with my clothes not fitting much loose. I am still in a size 16/18 and I'm getting frustrating. My heaviest was 240 and I'm now 214. I've made progress,but I expect my size to drop at least. I notice a few changes, but D*mn! Lol I visited a weight loss center and showed the nutritionist my fitness pal log. She changed my macros and I left with some high protein food. It got me in the habit of eating every three hrs and I didn't have to think about my meals besides my dinner which I prepared. I'm sorry to be long winded, but I need help and I think as much background info I can provide would paintva better picture : ) I eat pretty clean(fish, chicken, salmon, brown rice, veggies, ezekial bread occasionally, etc.)

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Eating clean doesn't matter. What matters is being in a calorie deficit. Are you using a food scale? If not, get one!!

Will cut and paste in my MFP how to:

Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories (if you are losing faster than expected after logging for a few weeks, then up the % you eat back). Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the best forum posts such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I didn't change sizes until I was nearly 15% under my starting weight. For starters, I was wearing clothes too small for me when I was at my top weight because I refused to buy anything larger. Are you weighing your food or just eyeballing? A couple of hours a week with a PT doesn't really do anything unless you carry on the rest of the time. Actually, you're lucky. I was in a size 16/18 when I was 169 lbs. because I'm 5'2". Even after 25 pounds lost, I'm barely in a size 14. Eating "clean" (whatever that is) isn't the solution; eating less than the calories you burn is. Good luck to you!
  • divamommy03
    divamommy03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost about the same amount of weight (246 to 216) and I'm still mostly wearing the same sizes. I think I'll need to lose another 20 before I drop a size. It's frustrating, but I just think what's the alternative?
  • divamommy03
    Options
    I didn't change sizes until I was nearly 15% under my starting weight. For starters, I was wearing clothes too small for me when I was at my top weight because I refused to buy anything larger. Are you weighing your food or just eyeballing? A couple of hours a week with a PT doesn't really do anything unless you carry on the rest of the time. Actually, you're lucky. I was in a size 16/18 when I was 169 lbs. because I'm 5'2". Even after 25 pounds lost, I'm barely in a size 14. Eating "clean" (whatever that is) isn't the solution; eating less than the calories you burn is. Good luck to you!

I'm 5'5 I have only really seen toning and my booty is looking mighty good. Lol. When I say eating clean ,I mean healthy I guess, nothing processed or white.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    My golden nugget weight loss tip.... Get a food scale and weigh every single thing you're eating & drinking. You don't have to eat clean, just eat less than you burn in a day. When I first joined MPF, this thread helped me tremendously:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • divamommy03
    Options
    My golden nugget weight loss tip.... Get a food scale and weigh every single thing you're eating & drinking. You don't have to eat clean, just eat less than you burn in a day. When I first joined MPF, this thread helped me tremendously:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    I have a food scale, I guess I should start using it, huh?
  • divamommy03
    Options

Sorry. For some reason my comment got cut off...okay so do set a deficit if I don't exercise everyday?

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Yes, and here's why:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

There's your answer.
  • divamommy03
    Options

Yes, and here's why:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Oh wow, thanks. I will def start using it☺
  • divamommy03
    Options
    northdog wrote: »
    I've lost about the same amount of weight (246 to 216) and I'm still mostly wearing the same sizes. I think I'll need to lose another 20 before I drop a size. It's frustrating, but I just think what's the alternative?

That's true, I know I'm tired of spending money on other things that won't work. I don't feel too bad now. It sucks though and it frustrating to "think" I am busting my tail and don't see that much results.
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    northdog wrote: »

That's true, I know I'm tired of spending money on other things that won't work. I don't feel too bad now. It sucks though and it frustrating to "think" I am busting my tail and don't see that much results.

I totally get that! :) I started counting calories and working out in earnest at the end of January (yo-yo-ing in prior years). I thought after 5 months I would see something more than I have. My clothes are a little looser I guess, but not *that* loose. I bought a couple of dresses in the next size down, but they are still a little tight.

• Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you shop, too. I can wear and Old Navy 16 but at Target I'm still an 18 (5'1", 195 down from 220)