Am I annoying?.......Probably

Options
Jwls23
Jwls23 Posts: 37 Member
So I started MFP about a month ago. I am experiencing success and I want the whole world to know. I step on the scale and celebrate a pound lost like I won an Oscar. My husband doesn't mind, actually he loves it but I have to bite my tongue to keep from telling every person that I see that I have lost weight. I am excited about it ALL the time. :) I know I am a dork but does anyone else experience this?

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    me,me,me
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Totally! Thankfully my fiance doesn't get annoyed when I say "I HIT ALL MY NUTRITIONAL GOALS AND BURNED 500 CALORIES TODAY!!"

:laugh:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Me me me me!!! I'm constantly asking my husband, parents, siblings... "and guess how much I weighed today!!!" or "Guess how much weight I've lost now?"

Like you, I just get so dern excited, I can't help myself! I will say "woo-hoo" and do a happy dance next to the scale when I get a good report.

I DO exercise restraint around my co-workers and complete strangers... unless of course they ask, to which I proudly tell them my results!

It is TOUGH to lose weight - be proud and share it with the world - you never know - you might encourage someone to follow in your footsteps!
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you're a dork, I guess that makes me a dork too! I celebrate each pound lost and do my happy dance.
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I think I've bored my sister stiff going on about it, and have told pretty much all my friends about it. Luckily I have awesome supportive friends :)
  • TalieMomTo2
    TalieMomTo2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I totally am with you!! Like you my husband thinks its great but i am sure my ladies at work just laugh at me. I have often start to say something and then stop because i don't want them to think i am a total nut bar!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I text my mom and my bestie because I get so excited!!! Then I will ask my hubby "where do you think I lost the pound at"? LOL!!!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I totally understand your excitement! Each pound is HUGE!!! I normally don't celebrate other than on MFP because I'm so close to my goal weight that I always get the standard response: "you don't need to lose weight" I personally don't find it annoying when others celebrate. I'm genuinely happy for them. I know how hard it is!! You earned it, you deserve it so CELEBRATE!! :o)
  • mt_nest
    mt_nest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. It's like when you have a hobby and that's all you want to talk about - even if the people around you aren't interested. When you see success, you want to shout it from the rooftops. But, yeah most people don't care to hear about it because it tells them that it is, in fact possible to be fit and healthly.
  • 4mybaby33
    4mybaby33 Posts: 13
    Options
    HAHA I experience that everytime I hit success on the scale! Whether its one pound or one ounce :)
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank the academy (that'd be MFP friends) for pushing me when i felt like giving up, and a huge hello to my family who I know love me and care about me even when I was a pound heavier. To my fiance' thank you for making me eat in last night instead of going to Arby's. This really couldn't have been accomplished without the wonderful people that have helped me get here. (*insert "hurry it up" music) I'm off to go and eat healthy and workout again....see you next week! :)
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I do the same thing...I constantly tell my daughter to look at how slim my waste is looking and to look at how my flat butt is getting a little lump due to the leg excercises. Needless to say she still says I have no butt but I don't believe her anymore and tell her to quit hating...lol.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    every day, every hour!! I am celebrating & talking about it. cause, i feel so frickin grrrrreat!! Keep talking & staying excited about it. Yay for you!!!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i do it too! just with my hubby though- i'll pop my head round the door and tell him the score every time i weigh myself! he doesn't really respond much, but he is very supportive!
    i give another friend of mine a running commentary! we both started running at the same time and she quit, so i do it just to try and show her that these are the results if she'd have stuck with it, iykwim.
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    I know I am annoying, and my husband is so sick of hearing me talk about weight and exercise~ but I have used it to my advantage~ he is always saying 'yes' to any question I asked, so in the middle of the conversation of him acting like he was hearing me, I said, "Can we go on a cruise in October?" without even thinking he says....YES! Then he realized it was to late to back out, soooo now I talk about my weight and our cruise ....LOL!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Haha yes I get totally obsessed and it seems like meal planning, calories, etc is all I talk about to some people. My sisters (I have 3) have all at some point told me to shut up that I am annoying haha I dont care though
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Lol! If that makes you annoying, then I think anyone who has ever had any feeling of joy at seeing a smaller number on the scale/ tape measure/ body fat percentage monitor, are ALLLL annoying haha!! (I include myself in this!!)

I often find that people who comment or make it obvious that they're not pleased for you or bored with you talking about your change of lifestyle, are the ones who feel bad for not doing it themselves!

SO!! to summarise!! way to go lady!! and you do the happy dance for as long as you like when you want to!! Because I think we can all say that we've all done it when we get a favourable result! :D

:drinker: YAY FOR ALL OF US!!! :D:drinker:

xx
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love it! I don't think its annoying at all. In fact, how much more delightful to hear of someone making a positive change in her life than sitting around complaining, being a victim of one's circumstances. Go ahead and be an inspiration! :)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank the academy (that'd be MFP friends) for pushing me when i felt like giving up, and a huge hello to my family who I know love me and care about me even when I was a pound heavier. To my fiance' thank you for making me eat in last night instead of going to Arby's. This really couldn't have been accomplished without the wonderful people that have helped me get here. (*insert "hurry it up" music) I'm off to go and eat healthy and workout again....see you next week! :)

LMFAO!!! I am so glad y'all do the same thing. Last week when I lost 3 pounds I did happy dances all over the house! :bigsmile: Then everyone I spoke to that day I was like I LOST 3 LBS!! I lost 3 LBS! No I don't need my receipt I lost 3 lbs!! LOL :laugh:
  • saxcraft
    saxcraft Posts: 7
    Options
    I absolutely do! Sometimes when I'm at the gym I forget that I'm in public and do a little happy dance after I weigh myself... better than sighing and hanging my head for sure! Also, the hubby enjoys that I finally think I look as good as he thinks I look...he always has "told ya so" moments with me now:) Hooray!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!