Am I annoying?.......Probably

Options
2»

Replies

• lizconnor0823
    Options
    I do the same thing. I text my mom and my bestie because I get so excited!!! Then I will ask my hubby "where do you think I lost the pound at"? LOL!!!

I never ask my man that! He always looks at my breasts and makes a sad face! lol
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    mee too.
    Its frustrating because as I gained weight I covered up really well. I have never worn a bikini in my life,and have always worn flowy shirts.
    Now that I have lost over 25 pounds and want to show myself off and have started to wear form fitting shirts people don't really see a difference, because .. I guess they assumed thats what was under the baggy shirts all along?
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm quite secretive about my weight loss ....I want people to say 'hey, you've lost weight!' and then I can smile my smug little smile and go 'yes, I have!' :happy: :happy:
  • RenaeMG
    RenaeMG Posts: 19
    Options
    haha! i totally do the same thing!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged. Haha. It's a good thing to be proud of yourself, though. This is a tough journey.
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I got excited this morning because I had a mid week weigh-in and I am already past my target for this week, so I'm hoping the official weigh-in Monday shows a good loss. I say "hope" not because I may fall off the wagon, because I have been following the calories religiously, but because last week showed a weight loss midweek that turned out to be my full weight loss at the weigh-in and I was a bit disappointed it hadn't improved further.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If you're annoying, so am I!!! lol! (guess how much I lost!!!)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    guilty!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I tell my coworkers and my students, because I'm very proud of what I've accomplished. I have a coworker that talks about her grandchildren all the time because she's proud of them, so I see it as no different.

In doing so, I've inspired a coworker and my sister to join this site. And, I gave my students a crash course in nutrition today because one was wondering why she always falls asleep in the afternoon. I asked her what she'd been eating (bagel, cookies, and Doritos). I mentioned "complex carbs" and they were like "what?". The poor things had no idea what they were, and these are academically advanced kids. They said they're not taught nutrition in health class.

So, talk it up! People will tell you if they're tired of hearing about it. And if they phrase it respectfully, I'll honor they're wishes. If they're total *****es about it, they can keep hearing it.
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yet another (not so) guilty party here!! My hubby is so sweet and puts on his best excited face when I tell him about how I lost 2lbs or walked 4 miles or didn't let Jillian Michaels kill me. LOL My coworkers are growing quite bored with me and my "info". Oh well, I don't care....
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Laffs! I think I am so annoying...to other people because I talk about working out and weight loss all the time but luckily my whole office is practically on a health kick so there are lots of other people who want to talk about working out and weight loss with me. I just try not to annoy the other people in my life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!