Waist and Stomach In inches

Options
bowenks
bowenks Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I did not know which section to post this in. I was just curious , but what do you measure around your waist and stomach?
My waist is 26.5 in inches and my stomach is 29.5, just was curious!
Post pictures if you want too

Replies

• pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My natural waist is 29 inches and around my belly button is approx 30.5.

I'm female, 5'10, 154lbs
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My waist is 27 inches and stomach is 31 inches
  • wildflowerherbal
    wildflowerherbal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Waist 28 and around navel 31 inches each
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 154lbs natural waist is just under 30 and at bellybutton is about 33
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    My understanding of waist measurement is that it's always the natural waist measurement, which is the smallest part of your waist. I'm 5'11 and my waist is 27.5 inches.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Im still fat (5'6" and 191#), my natural waist is 37, belly button 43.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    29.5" and 32". At least 4.5" to lose around my waist, maybe more.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My waist is 53 down from 64 inches and stomach is 55 down from 65
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    35.25 and 37.25. 6'9", 227.0 as of this morning.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My waist is 45 1/2 down from 49 3/4.
  • Majoraty
    Majoraty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    27" (down from 30") waist, 34.5" (down from 36") stomach. 5'7", and 149lbs. I carry most of my weight in my stomach and thighs.
  • bowenks
    bowenks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my lower stomach. I cannot seem to get rid of it!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 149 and my waist (natural) is 30". When I started, it was 46".
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    5'4", 130-133 lbs. Natural waist 26.25, near belly button is 28.5
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Very similar here. I'm 5'6" (last two times I went to the dr they said 5'5.5" but I'm in denial that I've shrunk) with 30.375" at the waist.

I'm 34.375" around my navel. A year ago today my waist was 34". I didn't take navel measurements back then.

I'm 147 lbs.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Very similar here. I'm 5'6" (last two times I went to the dr they said 5'5.5" but I'm in denial that I've shrunk) with 30.375" at the waist.

I'm 34.375" around my navel. A year ago today my waist was 34". I didn't take navel measurements back then.

I'm 147 lbs.

Well that's a wake up call for me. I've always admired your figure - I didn't realize it was so close to my new one. I still picture myself larger in my head.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    maybe im weird. or maybe i dont know how to measure. but my natural waist (narrowest part) is 36 (down from 40) and my belly button is in line with my waist so... the same.... ?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    maybe im weird. or maybe i dont know how to measure. but my natural waist (narrowest part) is 36 (down from 40) and my belly button is in line with my waist so... the same.... ?

So the narrowest part is your belly button? If you bend to one side where does your waist bend or crease?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

If you are short-waisted it is possible that your natural waist and belly button are very close to the same spot. Or, they might not be close together but could have the same circumference measurement if you are built fairly straight up and down/ruler-ish.

My guess is that once I lose the rest of the fat on my stomach and my skin shrinks a bit more, that my waist and stomach will be pretty close in size. Even while thin, I don't really have a defined waist.
    jemhh wrote: »

I'm 147 lbs.

Well that's a wake up call for me. I've always admired your figure - I didn't realize it was so close to my new one. I still picture myself larger in my head.

I just looked at your pictures. You are looking good! We are always harsher on ourselves than we are on others, at least I know that I am. Reading your comment kind of made my day so thank you :) Also, your daughter in the background of the one picture (I'm assuming she's your daughter) made me smile. I can rarely take a picture without my daughter photobombing me.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

So the narrowest part is your belly button? If you bend to one side where does your waist bend or crease?

at my belly button LOL

yes, i am short waisted. short in general LMAO