Badass Body Diet

justjenny
justjenny Posts: 529 Member
Just wondering if anyone follows this eating plan. I have read mixed reviews on it, and am not sure if it is worth the money for the book. Thoughts?

Replies

• 70kgLeanMass
    70kgLeanMass Posts: 14 Member
    I would just say this.Eat what you want and focus on calories.If you want to gain weight eat over maintenance and if you want to lose fat eat bellow maintenance.You don`t need any ,,diets''
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    justjenny wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone follows this eating plan. I have read mixed reviews on it, and am not sure if it is worth the money for the book. Thoughts?

Perhaps you can borrow it?

I read everything. Even diet books I know for certain I'm not going to follow. I want to read this one too. She looks pretty good. I'd find that inspiring too.

While each and every diet all boil down to a deficit, sometimes you hit one that just feels right for you - prompts a start. So read it.

While you are reading it, read anything else you can get your hands on. Google Lyle McDonald, Brett Contreras, Layne Norton, Alan Aragon just for starters. Learn about your TDEE and macros. It sounds like this is in that book anyway.

This book might light the flame but keep it burning with more learning. Everything you need is actually on here already. Hit search to your hearts content.
  • PuddinPiePrincess
    PuddinPiePrincess Posts: 51 Member
    I actually bought this book, not a bad read at all. It teaches basic principals about eating a well balanced diet, the correct amount of carbs, protein, and fats for better weight loss results as a whole. Even gives example meals with correct portion sizes, and plenty of recipes. It's a good reference to have on hand. As a nurse I know that there are two types of modes our bodies are in "fat storing" and "fat burning" due to our insulin production and glycemic index of the foods we eat. This book is basically teaches you to eat in a way to steady out the highs and lows of insulin production, and in turn have your body in constant "fat burning" mode.
  • attheculdesac
    attheculdesac Posts: 1 Member
    I checked out from the library and its basically IIFYM (if it fits your macros). She claims that there are certain foods that are "booty foods" that make your body look better but I just think they are food. I am prepping my meal plan and am starting Monday. We shall see.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I would not pay anyone so that I could lose weight. No, no and no some more.

But if I were going to, it might be for that plan. It's a cool name. :)

Since you cannot buy your way into weight loss, I'd think twice before giving it to anyone who promises that giving them money will help you lose weight.
  • JLHuntah
    JLHuntah Posts: 6 Member
    Revisiting this thread, I struggle with portion sizes and I've found this book to be very helpful in putting together a plan. I'm on day 4 and already feel the effects of no bloat. It's a pain in the *kitten* in regards to planning, but I would imagine anytime you have to weigh and measure. I feel a lot more confident about what I'm logging into MFP also, knowing that I'm weighing and measuring my food.

And the recipes are pretty good. Had the Turkey loaf last night and it was delicious. I'll check back in next week and if anyone is interested I can provide an update.