My first NSV :)

la_traviesa36013
la_traviesa36013 Posts: 73
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Ive been on here for 2 months or so and i couldnt be more happier. I had a few tough days (more than a few), but i managed to lose 30 pounds and 5 inches off my waist :) Im getting there, even though exercising is almost nonexistent because my fussy 3 month old baby boy (my baby bear). But the goal for the month of June is to work more on exercising more often. Anyone with babies have any solutions for me?
Stephanie

Replies

• khern10
    khern10 Posts: 24
    It is hard when they are so young. Look for a fitness program with day care. I go to a church that offers fitness classes and my boys love it. They are 1 and 2 and its good for them to socialize with other kids and it gives me a break. Who would have ever thought that exercising would seem like a break!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    i started running when my baby was 3 months. i'd put her in the 3 wheeler pram, push the pram with one hand and use the other to help run. it took a little practice, but was worth it. she got fresh air, i got some space, and because she was with me my boobs were ok!!! (they'd ache when i was away, and i was always wondering if she was ok or needed feeding. i was breastfeeding- are you? that may affect what you can do and how long you'll be away for. also did you have a normal delivery or c sect, because that will affect whether you should do tummy exercises or not).

just start with walking, and see how you go.

but get a decent bra that squashes your boobs flat... that's probably the main advice i have!
  • Oh yes i do breastfeed. And I ended up needing a Csection. But I have always been able to loose my stomach pretty fast and easy. But my legs are a completly different story. it seems no matter what i do they dont change much.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    If nothing else, get a decent pedometer and just try to increase each day's # of steps.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    yeah, it's good advice just to start walking and see what develops.

i had a c sect with my last, and it took me a while to get back into the swing of things- a few weeks of just walking, and i started really slowly and focussed more on putting in the time and prioritising it in my day. then it naturally just increased.

you'll have to be careful that you don't put too much pressure on yourself physically because you'll pay for it, either by being really tired or really sore.

you'll work it out. just don't do any of those bouncy aerobic dvd's yet!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    When my baby was younger I did a couple exercises with her as weight.
    Laying on back and lifting her up x number of times.
    Lay baby on floor, then do touch toes, but instead of toes spread legs and have baby there, tickle baby belly or something that your baby will like each time you bend.
    On your back (for legs) bend your knees toward chest, lay baby on lower leg and hold baby while raising and lowering feet to and from floor.
    Dance while holding your baby.
    Of course, there's the easy one, strap baby in stroller, pack a few essentials and get out walking.

Just think of ways to incorporate your baby into your workout. Good Luck, I know it isn't easy, but get creative and you will figure something out.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!