Pregnancy weight after pregnancy

Options
taiz225
taiz225 Posts: 4 Member
Looking for motivation and healthy tips to lose the 60 plus pounds I have gained during pregnant and after. I am the heaviest in my life and it is really depressing looking at myself as I used to be a very serious and dedicated athlete. I have a hard time going out the house if it's not work or grocery store because I have become very self- conscious and my self esteem has dropped greatly. With my weight, I get easily discouraged because I want the change to happen over night even though i know it takes time. Just looking to hear success stories to provide additional motivation and realistic tips to help reach my goal.

Replies

• mia0004
    mia0004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I gained approx 60 pounds, and have lost just over 20. It's tough because none of my old clothes fit, a big reminder that I'm still a lot heavier. I'm trying to keep reminding myself that I made a baby and that's awesome, and with time my body will get back to normal. I've been going for lots of walks with baby (using a sling if possible) and I try to go twice a week out with a friend for a good long walk (and just recently a bit of running) without the baby. Im just taking it one day at a time :) someone told me once that it took 9 months for my body to gain the weight so it isn't gonna drop off overnight. When you are feeling self conscious just remember that your body made a baby and that is something to be proud of! :)
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. It would be nice to have someone who is also going through weight loss after pregnancy !
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I signed up last week and already feeling more positive, my little one is 2 months and I gained 42 lbs, I've still to lose 14 lbs but want to lose another 30 lbs as I was big before pregnancy. Anyway after months of feeling very down and hating looking in the mirror I now feel at least I'm in control and think tracking is so important.
    Take one day at a time and go easy on yourself. Good luck
  • em26x
    em26x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me 2 Hun my little girl is now 19 months and my weight has rocketed out of control I'll add u as a friend :) xxx
  • jemimapuddle
    jemimapuddle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too! My little girl is 8 months. I initially lost weight but know I'm piling it on again n it's getting me down. Hence giving this app a go. I need a kick up the bum!! Very unhappy with myself
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose the pregnancy belly too. Feel free to send a FR for mutual accountability :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My profile pic was taken yesterday, and my third baby is now 13 months old, and I still have around 20lbs to lose. This time last year I was a lot bigger, and I couldn't wear my lovely sundresses, and spent the entire summer feeling fat and self-conscious, whereas now, after lots of hard work, I don't feel like a huge whale. I'm not where I want to be yet, and it is a slow process, but you will get there.

I lost 66lbs after my 2nd baby, but it took me around 20 months, so there's no way to do this fast, but the results are worth it.
  • taiz225
    Options
    Thank you guys for posting your stories as it feels good to know there are other people I see dealing with similar issues and seem to be in good spirits. Congrats Mia and Dawnie. It's great you two are already in motion on this weight loss journey. The rest of us are right behind you and we will get there!!! Please feel free to share any tips or/and any additional motivation you may have. Thanks again
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    I've found focusing on fitness goals as well as weight loss ones is great motivation. If I'm at the gym trying to deadlift a heavier weight, or row 250m in a faster time, I'm not as focused on what I'm burning calorie wise. This past year I've ran 5k a few times, and actually did a proper race last week, which I never would've done before, even when I was thinner. I can now deadlift 60kg and my press ups are so much stronger, and I can hold a 2 minute plank. I do circuits classes which really push me, and I started a HIIT class called Armageddon a while back, which is really hard.

Also, stay active with your child(ren). I burn a lot of calories taking my kids out. My 6 and 4 year olds are very active, and love their scooters, so I spend a lot of time chasing them lol. When my eldest was a baby I took him for walks in the pram all the time. It was lovely. Even though I felt like a huge beached whale last Summer I took my kids out all the time. At least I was a tanned beached whale haha.

Food-wise, don't drop your calories too low, and don't feel you have to deprive yourself.

And don't have unrealistic expectations. You've had a baby, your body has changed, you still have all those pregnancy hormones in your body for a while, and you're probably sleep deprived. It will take time.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's important you know it takes time, even if you don't have the most patience :) It is one day and one step at a time to live a healthier you. I have lost 35 pounds so far, and I am for the most part going strong. This weekend has been rough, but that's because i've been sick. So while I still been being healthy, I haven't been able to work out. Just be patient, that's the best advice.
  • taiz225
    Options
    Thanks you guys. This site is awesome. You guys definitely are a positive motivation. Fire cutie u definitely are tight about being healthier. I was healthy throughout my pregnancy but since then I've had high blood pressure and cholesterol which I've never had in my 31 years of living. I want to be healthy more than anything. I have really had a difficult time getting my energy back as before pregnancy I literally just kept going n could function off three hours of sleep. Has anyone els experienced significant loss of energy and i
  • SaraVasiliou76
    SaraVasiliou76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat. I have a 3 year old and just gave birth to our second child 10 weeks ago. I am still wearing some of my maternity clothes bc nothing fits. I am so self conscious about the way I look. I just downloaded this app on Thursday in hopes it will help! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat. I have a 3 year old and just gave birth to our second child 10 weeks ago. I am still wearing some of my maternity clothes bc nothing fits. I am so self conscious about the way I look. I just downloaded this app on Thursday in hopes it will help! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Congrats :). Buy yourself some new clothes for the time being, something that makes you feel better about yourself. This time last year I was in your position near enough (5 year old, 3 year old and 8 week old) and I got myself some cheap sundresses to wear over leggings, just to feel more comfortable. Also, maybe get your hair cut. I got mine cut and highlighted when my baby was about 4 months old and felt better for it.
  • healthychops_gets_fit
    healthychops_gets_fit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    taiz225 wrote: »
    Looking for motivation and healthy tips to lose the 60 plus pounds I have gained during pregnant and after. I am the heaviest in my life and it is really depressing looking at myself as I used to be a very serious and dedicated athlete. I have a hard time going out the house if it's not work or grocery store because I have become very self- conscious and my self esteem has dropped greatly. With my weight, I get easily discouraged because I want the change to happen over night even though i know it takes time. Just looking to hear success stories to provide additional motivation and realistic tips to help reach my goal.

I am feeling exactly the same!! :-) Add me and we can help each other x
  • chubalicious1
    chubalicious1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, you can read my introduction. I've lost weight before by documenting everything I ate, watching what I ate. Lost all my weight then decided to have my son 3 yrs ago and can't get it off, I'm coming back to doing it this way and it's nice to have a community of others that have the same goal!
    Ali