Feeling deflated

Options
Ok so I track my food, and most days stay within the cal limit if I go over it's only by 10-20 cals a d only maybe 1-2 days. I do 5/6 classes per week at the gym including strength and cardio and yet the scales keep creaping up week after week. I now weigh 12stone 5 (5ft 7) ekk
I don't really know what to do. I weighed less when I sat on my butt all week and did no exercise. Feeling really low today any suggestions!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You must be eating more than you think or burning less than you think. Try not to feel bad you just need to be more accurate and the weight will start to come off.
  • flitterfoot
    flitterfoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you are measuring your food properly but eating back the calories MFP gives you for the classes that might be your problem. MFP seems to overestimate the calories burned by quite a bit so your 10 calories might actually be a few 100 over.

A few people I know started losing weight consistently once they either stopped eating back the calories or only eating back half.

Hope this helps some and don't be discouraged.

• CherylanneCorsini
    CherylanneCorsini Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You may be building more muscle since you're working out. Is there anyway you can add 30 min of brisk walking into your day? Do stick with it and if you get hungry a lot, try natural YerbaMate tea, it will calm the appetite, it has helped me eat less. Good luck!
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Is it possible that you are going through re-composition, rather than weight loss? With all the training you are doing, it sounds possible that you are exchanging fat for muscle. Have your measurements changed at all?

Are you eating back all of your exercise calories? I was advised when I started to only eat back half, because MFPs calorie burn guesstimates are particularly generous :)
  • Jod1eC
    Jod1eC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice,tips, ideas
    I will look at all the info and make some adjustments
    I'll let you know if there's a change next week :neutral:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You may be building more muscle since you're working out. Is there anyway you can add 30 min of brisk walking into your day? Do stick with it and if you get hungry a lot, try natural YerbaMate tea, it will calm the appetite, it has helped me eat less. Good luck!

No building muscle while at a deficit. *smh*

OP you are probably eating more than you think or water retention from new exercise...

i0gsu39t8h98.jpg
  • lennons2
    lennons2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    During times of plateau, I focus less on the scale and more about how I feel. Are you happier and more filled with energy when you eat well and exercise? Do you look better in clothes and hold yourself more confidently? Cuz that sounds like progress to me...
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I cringe a lot at the calorie burns some people claim - it often seems like 2 or 3 times the actual burn. Make sure to weigh and measure your food, don't just eyeball it, and eat back only half of the calories you think you burned.