July Tracking Challenge

Options
Studies have shown that people who track their eating lose more weight lose more weight than those who don't - even up to twice as much weight loss! But if you're like me, you may have trouble keeping up with the tracking habit.

This July 2015 Challenge is to record your Myfitnesspal tracker. This challenge is particularly good for beginners or others who are struggling with accountability. Changing ONE habit at a time is best, and this is a great place to start!

The goal is to post every day on whether you did your tracking that day or the day before. And, of course, to discuss any challenges that come up along the way.

Thank you for joining me!

Replies

• milemarker61
    milemarker61 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I just started tracking again today after a hiatus of a few weeks because I found the courage to step on the scale to assess the damage. Do we need to have friends to join the challenge?
  • dldrucker
    dldrucker Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nope, you just need to join under "Groups." Let me know if you have any problems with that.
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining ! Accountability is my weakness andMFP is my strength to be accountable
  • milemarker61
    milemarker61 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tracked today. One big mistake (ice cream) followed by a healthy, light dinner kind of evened out. Looking forward to this extra accountability. How's everyone else doing?
  • Paedin337
    Paedin337 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im down. Will definitely help keep my straight while trying to get back into the good habits I use to have.
  • jserencsa
    jserencsa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in...thanks for this! It's just what I need!
  • Jefferll03
    Jefferll03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to be so good with weight watchers. Then I lost the weight and 2 years later. Here I am. 185lbs. Now I don't even have to spend the amount of money to track. And.... .I need accountability now. Thank you. Joining the group. :'(
  • Jefferll03
    Jefferll03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't find the group. Is it under a different name.
  • zahpay88
    zahpay88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Terrappyn1
    Terrappyn1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. :)
  • Haddasah_Sofia
    Haddasah_Sofia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I got on the scale today after many months of mindless eating and it was a wake up call.

I've been tracking my finances to the T since November and that's when my eating started getting out of hand. I'm in much better financial shape now but I've easily gained 10 lbs. since then:-(.I didn't want another thing to track so I stayed away from MFP but the scale this morning whipped me back in shape. I have at least 20 lbs. to lose to get back to my healthy weight. It's sooo much harder now after 50 so either I come back from mindlessness and prepare for a sorrowful old age or take this bull by the horns.

I have a clear family history of diabetes and I can see myself going down the same path if I don't take charge of things HERE AND NOW. Last week I called my insurance to see if they would cover nutrition/dieting and they will so today I'm scheduled to call the nutritionist to see when we can have our first appointment.

Thanks for starting the challenge!
  • Haddasah_Sofia
    Options
    p.s. I tracked my whole day today. B/C it's been sooo hard for me to exercise lately (I just feel heavy and not motivated) I've set my alarm so that I get up from my desk every hour, go to the restroom and do even if just 2 minutes of some sort of exercise. It all adds up and I can beat RSI's before they beat me. I'm confident that I'll resume workouts (We belong to an awesome gym!) and get back to where I was. Little by little, one day, one goal, one change at a time :)
  • debbiebestpitch
    debbiebestpitch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am restarting today, I stepped in the scale this morning and now determined more than ever to make this work. I know being accountable is the only way to make it work! I'm in
  • dldrucker
    Options
    Hi Folks! Please switch over to recording your comments in the Group (also called "July Tracking Challenge" - I'm adding everyone here in case it is hard to find.
  • dldrucker
    Options
    @Haddasah_Sofia -- I really relate to the finances tracking. I am currently jobless (and very nervous) and also tracking my spending. Tracking, tracking, tracking. But it works! p.s. what is "RSI"?
  • Haddasah_Sofia
    Options
    @dldrucker I've made huge strides with an awesome software called YNAB (You Need a Budget). It's amazing! Best of luck finding a job; that can be so stressful :(
    RSI stands for Repetitive Strain Injury; what folks like me who sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day typically get from being so sedentary and making the same type of demands on a specific type of muscle groups.

• hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Would love to join...can't seem to find it under groups :smiley: