Tips on staying motivated

Options
I'm 20 and 5foot 6inches. My weight is currently 146.8 pounds. I checked this morning. I would love to and working towards getting back down to 125 pounds like back in high school. I don't eat very much meat. Can you give me tips please and thank you.

Replies

• JoKessho
    JoKessho Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do exercise you enjoy and eat healthy foods that you like. The best way to stick to anything is to enjoy it.
    Make sure you get enough protein in your diet from dairy, seafood, legumes, etc. And don't be afraid of fat - have some at every meal (the healthy kind)
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a meat eater myself either. I eat a lot of fish (not sure on your definition of "meat" exactly!), I love tuna, rice cakes, and just a good ole protein shake!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    For inspiration, checkout the threads in http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/success-stories
    And also NSV (non scale victory) threads.
  • Squeaky_XO
    Squeaky_XO Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am not much of a meat eater myself either. I eat a lot of fish (not sure on your definition of "meat" exactly!), I love tuna, rice cakes, and just a good ole protein shake!

Okay, I use to be a vegetarian for 5 years but every so often I would have chicken and fish. Red meat is not all that great tasting in my opinion.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Know why you're doing this journey. Focusing on a strong why will help you start motivated. As yourself these questions. What will reaching my goal mean to me emotionally? How will this change how I view myself and how I interact with other people? What will reaching my goal allow me to do that I cannot do now?

Also, having a rock solid support system is important. You should have people that you can go to to seek advice and encouragement. I help to run a great support and accountability group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it.

Allan