seeking accountability and support... clean eating and 40lbs lost!

Seeking friends for motivation to continue logging and feel the pressure of accountability! I love a little competition and want to be challenged by those who are serious about tough WODs and clean eating.

Replies

• vic16
    vic16 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Whitney. I seriously need to lose weight and am planning on finally using my YMCA membership and improve my diet. My understanding of clean eating is to avoid processed foods or only use minimally processed items. I was wondering what is your plan on clean eating. Do you include any dairy such as yogurt or cheese? We have a weekly farmers market so I am planning to buy as much as possible there each week. Any other tips?
    Thank you
    Vickie
  • koutwater
    koutwater Posts: 47 Member
    Hi Whitney! I have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/KO-Fit/777753435675753
    Where I share lots of motivation and clean eating recipes. Feel free to friend me on mfp also!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • whitneylahann
    whitneylahann Posts: 12 Member
    vic16 wrote: »
    Hi! Whitney. I seriously need to lose weight and am planning on finally using my YMCA membership and improve my diet. My understanding of clean eating is to avoid processed foods or only use minimally processed items. I was wondering what is your plan on clean eating. Do you include any dairy such as yogurt or cheese? We have a weekly farmers market so I am planning to buy as much as possible there each week. Any other tips?
    Thank you
    Vickie

First thing was cutting out as much food that came out of a wrapper as possible! Replaced refined or low Cal sweeteners with coconut sugar, raw honey, and xylitol or a better GI so my blood sugar wasn't being as demolished. Also, coconut and almond flour instead of all purpose in my baking and cooking. If I do grains, I go for wild rice/quinoa/brown rice and for bread, no preservatives and organic with super foods in them. My diary is public and shows the brands accurately of what I eat. Not perfect but waaaaaay better than a year ago!
    My daily goal is no carbs via fruit or grain after 3pm AND every plate is nutrient dense with greens/veggies and the leanest protein possible. I do organic but it can get expensive so know the dirty dozen to help with expenses!
  • whitneylahann
    whitneylahann Posts: 12 Member
    vic16 wrote: »
    Thank you
    Vickie

And yes..... I LOVE cheese! Can't give it up :-) I do raw cheeses and always organic. Nutritional yeast is awesome to help replace those times where you want the flavor. No yogurt but I do organic milk in the morning with my eggs and coffee. It can be an inflammatory but I love it. Use almond milk and coconut milk in my smoothies... yum!