Need a non-gym muscle building home workout routine

Options
pznatti
pznatti Posts: 51 Member
Hello...

I workout at my gym 3 days per week along with an outdoors active lifestyle... But there are times I can't get to the gym (kids sick or an upcoming vacation)... And I don't want to lose my rhythm... Or any muscle.

So do you know of, have a link to a good workout to can do at home with just body weight to build strength/ burn calories? At home I have access to some weights but when I travel I won't.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• kelleyjhale
    kelleyjhale Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There are some great programs out there for sure. If you want to add me as a friend it would be great. I use a lot of different ones to use my body as the weight.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, pull-ups, body weight squats and lunges. You can do dips by putting two chairs together and putting your feet on a third or a bed. Resistance bands for most everything else. Add in your normal cord work.
  • rduboisjr88
    rduboisjr88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ddp yoga is the best for using body weight and muscle resistance for strength training. I also find my heart rate stays in my fat burning zone for most of the workouts durations.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Nerd fitness has a good starting bodyweight routine.
    TRX could also be an option if you are willing to invest.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning, You Are Your Own Gym, and the nerdfitness beginner routine.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Convict Conditioning, You Are Your Own Gym, and the nerdfitness beginner routine.

This.
  • Leebeanie
    Leebeanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out the website Sonima. For quick and effective HiiT (High Intensity Interval Training) using your body weight download the free app Sworkit. You can adjust the time and choose from various workouts. HiiT has been proven to burn more fat than steady cardio. Also lift weights at home - Dumbbells or Kettleball training which has also been proven to increase your metabolism all day long as well as building muscle.
  • rhea_kanani
    rhea_kanani Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's an app called SWorkIt. It's pretty good. It's like my own personal trainer basically
  • juliapittman
    juliapittman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    benderfitness.com is an excellent site for home work-outs. Melissa Bender is amazing and totally realistic in her approach!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    add on more to this great list
    body by you

• AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    There's an app called SWorkIt. It's pretty good. It's like my own personal trainer basically

I love this app! It is very versatile.
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I love this app! It is very versatile.
  • pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I go on my trip in late July so now have time to check out these resources. :)
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution has some good strength workouts. You could modify the schedule a bit and skip doing the cardio DVDs, of which there are only 3 anyway. There are 12 different strength DVDs 30-35 minutes in length.

However, not everyone likes Jillian and I understand that haha.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I hear people talk about Fitness Blender or w/e

idk I have a power rack in my living room :trollface: