I know there are no easy ways out...but

Options
I keep seeing all these supplements! Fat burning supplements, ect. Do any of them really work? I know there is no easy way out. I'm at the gym for an hour a day 5 days a week kicking my butt to get in shape, I'm also eating healthy and getting good nutrition. I'm starting to hit a very slow point in my weight loss though. It took me a month to loss my last pound! So if there is something that really works and is safe to take I would really look into it! Advice?

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    The only thing you'll lose is the money right out of your wallet. If any of these things actually worked, obesity would no longer be a thing. ;)

Sorry.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I keep seeing all these supplements! Fat burning supplements, ect. Do any of them really work? I know there is no easy way out. I'm at the gym for an hour a day 5 days a week kicking my butt to get in shape, I'm also eating healthy and getting good nutrition. I'm starting to hit a very slow point in my weight loss though. It took me a month to loss my last pound! So if there is something that really works and is safe to take I would really look into it! Advice?

The title says it all
    There is no easy way out...

All the other stuff is slimming your wallet..period!

Eat less than you burn and you lose weight!
    To accomplish this you have to weigh all your food on a food scale...no dont use cups and spoons or serving sizes they can be way off!.
    So weigh your food and log!
    and be patient and determent.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    If you are failing to lose weight, you are simply eating more than you are burning. Here's something to help:

cvpagnxhis4o.jpg
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

If fat burning pills works there would be no fat people walking round, would there?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope.......think about it.if pills really helped ppl lose weight and burn fat , then why wouldn't we all just take the pills instead of counting calories? If there was an easy way out that really worked, then i would be taking the easy way right now !! Lol but there isn't....no pills, mlm shakes and supplements , skinny wraps or whatever, none of them work and are all a waste of your time and money
  • DaliaMaria1173
    DaliaMaria1173 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're also measuring inches and how you look. The number on the scale is only part of the picture, especially if you're working out regularly and especially if you do any kind of strength training. You will gain muscle weight as you lose fat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    They work to empty your wallet.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Oprah Winfrey has been hawking a lot of these things on her shows for years so do you think if anything would work she would still be proportionally challenged?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

If you know there's no easy way out and then post this kind of question then you haven't accepted there's no easy way out

Accept that you can't out exercise a bad diet ...even if you're eating healthy you need to count your caloris

If you're not losing over 6-8 weeks it's because you're eating healthy at maintenance ...you need to eat fewer calories

Weigh and log everything ...that's the easy way out
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Most of those diet pills/fat burners are just a ton of caffeine. It would be cheaper and tastier to drink a lot of coffee or tea if that's what you're going for.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options

you're not eating correctly then, i'm approachign my last 10lbs to go (down 91 so far), and it certainly doesn't take months to lose 1lb. There is an issue with your diet if your plateauing and supplements don't do anything special. It's all about the kitchen and working out and mixing up your workouts and ideally some cardio to help create that calorie deficit.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You know what works? Hard work and accurate logging! I do take a few supplements, but not for weight loss. A doctor recommended that I take a multi, then my labs showed low vitamin D(even though I already take it)--so more of that, fish oil, and a probiotic. Probiotics are my new best friends! They help keep you regular and can help if you are prone to yeast infections.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Adding weight loss supplements or drugs can be dangerous, so avoid that.

• JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You're not eating correctly then, i'm approachign my last 10lbs to go (down 91 so far), and it certainly doesn't take months to lose 1lb. There is an issue with your diet if your plateauing and supplements don't do anything special. It's all about the kitchen and working out and mixing up your workouts and ideally some cardio to help create that calorie deficit. [/quote]

Each person is different and men and women are different. I can assure you that a person can be eating and counting their calories honestly and correctly and stll not show a weight loss for a while. There are too many factors to mention but with women one of them is water retention.

As for the 'magic' pills, I wish, mrselliot. Good nutrition and excercise to create a calorie deficit is the only thing that works. Actually, you don't even need good nutrition, just the deficit, but it makes you feel better.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    IF they really worked, why are there still overweight people??
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No buts!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I have a magic solution you can buy: a food scale. My weight loss slowed, then rapidly sped up when I bought one. If you lost a pound in a month, you weren't eating very far below your maintenance.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    No they don't work. The only ones that do work are variants of amphetamines which are generally only available by prescription for people who are OBESE and must lose weight. And they have their own problems i'd rather not chance considering how easy it is to count calories.