New Photos... Is that really me?

Options
So there are some new photos on my profile that we took today. (the ones in the turquoise shirt). seriously i had no idea i looked that bad, especially from the front. well, i can't wait for tomorrow.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So there are some new photos on my profile that we took today. (the ones in the turquoise shirt). seriously i had no idea i looked that bad, especially from the front. well, i can't wait for tomorrow.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Girl, I want you to look at that ticker of your's. Three pounds lost. No need to look forward to tomorrow, you are already on your way!!

Learning how to eat correctly, learning how to make better food choices, taking control over your emotions and food is the first and hardest step, as far as I'm concerned. My weight loss in the beginning was harshly slow, as I began to understand myself more, and what triggered my terrible food choices. I've battled those demons, still battle them to this day, but I've got the upperhand now. I sometimes slide and allow for them to have their way and stuff my face with calorie ridden goodies, but I get back into control quickly and put a smile on my face.

Honey, you are gorgeous. In particular, I love this photo. You have the most beautiful eyes.
    5168_1873.jpg?1211392593

Happy New Years girl. Keep up the good work!
  • ellelit
    Options
    aww... you made me tear up. i guess it's all how we perceive ourselves, right? you have an awesome night too!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You know I think you're beautiful. You have a gorgeous heart and are one of the best people I've met on MFP. You will get through this rough patch and get to where you want to be, but in order to do that, you need to recognize the beauty in yourself that has nothing to do with weight loss. Here's to 2009 being your year! :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Loki is right. You need to recognize your inner beauty and INNER STRENGTH. I've slowly started to recognize my own inner strength and it has made all the difference in the world.
  • ellelit
    Options
    i thinkt he self esteem issue is one of the biggest hurdles for me. on one hand, i think i'm gynormous, but on the otherhand, when i see my friends and hang out with them i often delude myself into thinking i look like i'm 150 pounds. (which is why i was so shocked to see the pictures) :noway: our minds do very strange things sometimes...
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Honey, you are gorgeous. In particular, I love this photo. You have the most beautiful eyes.
    5168_1873.jpg?1211392593

Happy New Years girl. Keep up the good work!

Hey! That was my favourite photo too! :heart:

And honey, I completely understand. Sometimes I see pictures of myself and I think 'I don't feel that big.' and it just breaks my heart. But never fear, we are well on our way to being the size we FEEL!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Oh! I have also been following your food blog. I really admire your openness and bravery. :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    Options
    Oh! I have also been following your food blog. I really admire your openness and bravery. :flowerforyou:

That's what i took the pictures for... the start of my new journey. took alot to put myself out there for the world to see, but it's important for me to let women know they are not alone in food addiction.
  • cocodanyelle
    Options
    Hi. You dont know me but I read your blog and wanted to encourage you in your journey. I TOTALLY understand about your struggle. I also looked at pitures of myself and did a double take, lol But what I realize and know is that I am beautiful inside and out regardless of my size. and from the comment from LokiFae about you having a good heart are also. People can tell you that over and over but until you believe it you'll never change it. You lost 3lbs and that in itself is awesome! Keep up the good work!!!!!