Tree-hugger who no longer wants treetrunks for legs

Options
:P ok, so they're not really tree trunks. maybe small trees...

I'm a grad student, recently diagnosed with a wheat intolerance, (boo) and high blood pressure (even more booo)

I lost 30 lbs last summer, and I want to do it again! I run every day with a friend, although he does more running and I do more waddling. But it's going to get better eventually, right?

If you are in need of someone to encourage you and you're willing to dish out some hard lovin' right back, feel free to friend me!
I hate waking up in the morning, and I really love chocolate, so I'm going to need as much encouragement as I can get. And I'm willing to give it back too.

Replies

• skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey hey I'm around for support if you need it ;) I'm thinkin' about going back to school for a graduate degree myself! What are you studying?
  • godsowngoddess
    Options
    Thanks!

I'm studying Earth Literacy. It's a sustainably and environmental justice program. very hippie-esque. :)

I totally recommend more school to everyone. I may be a student until the day I die. :)
    What would you want to study?
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What a cool topic! I'm getting into how my diet affects everything around me.

Anyway, I'd be studying rhetoric and composition. I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE should know how to express themselves effectively. Basically I'd like to understand why kids are graduating college with atrocious reading/writing skills. If you can't critically read (or listen to the news, talk radio, etc) then how can really understand your world around you? And if you want to stand up for what you believe in you certainly need to be able to communicate! I could rant all day, obviously.

And I say stay in academia! Lifetime student sounds like the life if you ask me :)
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    I have things to share with both of you on those topics. Though I don't normally do this, friend requests going to both.
  • godsowngoddess
    Options
    What a cool topic! I'm getting into how my diet affects everything around me.

Anyway, I'd be studying rhetoric and composition. I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE should know how to express themselves effectively. Basically I'd like to understand why kids are graduating college with atrocious reading/writing skills. If you can't critically read (or listen to the news, talk radio, etc) then how can really understand your world around you? And if you want to stand up for what you believe in you certainly need to be able to communicate! I could rant all day, obviously.

And I say stay in academia! Lifetime student sounds like the life if you ask me :)

I just found this today!

This sounds like a totally awesome field of study. And you're right: It's increasingly common for people to get through college without certain skills that should have been instilled in them in high school.
    I work in a college bookstore, and I'm always shocked and amazed by the customers who just don't know how to communicate, either verbally or with the written word.
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    Test

9213191.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools